Search results

1. J

Excalibur Fence Users

The angle iron is the way to go, just cross brace it, as the fence does exert quite a bit of clamping pressure. I don’t remember exactly why, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t use the existing fence mounting holes. I did drill the wings, but it was pretty close to the main table. Stay far enough away...
  2. J

Excalibur Fence Users

I found the drill guide. The center of the hole is 1" from the table top. The hole size is 3/8". Bolts are 5/16". Hope that helps. The Excalibur is a great fence with a couple of quirks. The extension table will move with seasonal humidity. I made mine of baltic birch laminated with formica on...
  3. J

Excalibur Fence Users

I used to have an Excalibur on my Unisaw and may still have the drill guide. I will look tomorrow when I’m at the shop. You should be able to temporarily clamp the rails to the saw with bar clamps and mount the fence to the rail. As I recall there was about 1/32” clearance from the fence to the...
  4. J

Okay, what gives with this?

A number of years ago when I was making reproduction interior doors, our supply of clear Eastern White Pine temporarily dried up. Our supplier told us this would work the same in our application of raised panels for the doors. The lumber was all planed 13/16 and straight line ripped, 10-12"...
  5. J

Okay, what gives with this?

Plantation grown Radiata. Probably a monthly growth ring LOL. Looks and works like pine, can have large pitch pockets embedded as well as internal splits. Not very stable, warps and twists. I wouldn't use it for anything serious.
  6. J

Byrd Shelix Cutterhead For steelex st1006

Steelex has the st1011 which looks like the same machine with helical head. Talk to the local Steelex dealer and see if he can order the head. The local dealer here in Charlotte is Leneave Supply.
  7. J

Wood Source for Smoker Table - Cedar, Walnut, Cypress, Etc

I built my egg table out of 5/4 "Mahogany" decking. This is actually Meranti not real mahogany. In the Northeast, this is commonly stocked in lumber yards and at some hardwood suppliers. I'm not sure where you would find it in the Carolina's though. It comes milled and dressed to about 1-1/16 x...
  8. J

Used Machinery,where?

I did talk to Martin several times. Nothing new that is in my budget, but they were more than willing to offer assistance should I find a used one in my price range. They would have the configuration and history based on S/N. Martin seemed like a class operation.
  9. J

Machinery repair?

You also might want to check with Leneave in Charlotte. They sell the Shop Fox and Steelex siblings of Grizzly. If they don't service them, they may know someone who does.
  10. J

Used Machinery,where?

How does one move these things. Where do you find someone to palletize or crate these without spending a fortune. I would need someone to pick up and deliver to my shop floor. I don't have a fork lift on my end. The riggers and trucking companies that I have talked to are kind of vague about how...
  11. J

Used Machinery,where?

Quite a few dealers set up liquidation companies to get rid of machinery that they don't want to sell through the front door. A lot of the auctions state that the machinery was moved in for the auction. A careful inspection of these machines would certainly be in order as you know the dealer...
  12. J

Used Machinery,where?

Is Diversified Equipment still around? Their website has not worked for a while. I did get the email from Felder today, but not a lot of info in it. I guess I'll have to call Rich to see how much of a deal he can make me.
  13. J

Used Machinery,where?

Yes, I saw that, but thanks for looking out for me.
  14. J

Charleston CL, Delta/Invicta 13" Planer

https://charleston.craigslist.org/tls/6064058482.html Reasonable price on an original made in Brazil by Invicta 13" planer. Not mine, no affiliation, etc, etc.
  15. J

Used Machinery,where?

I though I replied to this yesterday but must have hit the wrong button? Thanks for all your responses. There were a couple of links recommended that I was not familiar with, Charlotte Woodworkers Org, Masengills and Asheville Hardware.... gotta make another trip to Asheville, looks like a...
  16. J

New to the Carolinas

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Hope to meet a few of you and make some new friends. Thanks again.
  17. J

Used Machinery,where?

I've relocated to the Carolinas and am having a very difficult time finding good quality, professional used woodworking machinery. I would like to find a dealer that sells used machines, not just a broker. Also private individual sales are always welcome. I am looking to outfit an entire shop...
  18. J

New to the Carolinas

Hello All, New to the Carolinas and living in Fort Mill, SC. Moved here from Mass. about a year ago and in the process of starting up a new shop. Closed my shop up north and sold off all the big stuff for the move, thinking it would be relatively easy to replace once we were settled. Well...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS