Wagers on Mike and Phillip - Black Palm Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
The pen is finished and boy did it turn out nice!!! We had no splintering or chip out. The kit and wood really compliment each other. I'm leaving the honor of posting pics to Phillip. They should be up in about 30 minutes or so when he gets home.

Phillip did everything on the pen except for applying the CA finish. He did a great job especially for his first pen. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Great job Phillip!!!:icon_thum

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Alright, here she is! The pen really does look a lot better in person. I will try to take better pics of it tomorrow. Thanks Mike for the kind words and all the help turning the pen!!
DSC00283.JPG

nelsone

New User
Ed
Phillip & Mike...Y'all done good!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_thum

Congratulations on making a beautiful pen! Much nicer that my first one!

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Alright, here she is! The pen really does look a lot better in person. I will try to take better pics of it tomorrow. Thanks Mike for the kind words and all the help turning the pen!!
DSC00283.JPG

You're very welcome. It was a good time talking and turning. We'll have to do the others soon.

M

McRabbet

Ok, it happened! Nice job for your first pen and with a tough material as well. Kudos to Phillip for spinney creativity and to Mike for perserverence!

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
cool...nice job...blah blah blah...I want to see pix of your new lathe, Phillip!!!

haha...just kidding...seriously...that was quite a challenge for your first pen...it looks GREAT!

Chris

DaveO

New User
DaveO
ALright!!, you did and did it well. Great job :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
A couple of pics from out on the driveway...
DSC00287.JPG

DSC00288.JPG

I am seriously having to avoid Mikes place until I get this crib done!!

Thanks for looking!!

nelsone

New User
Ed
Phillip, you are SOOOOO done for! You won't be able to resist the call of that lathe now! You are in the same spot Mike was after he came over to my place and first tried it out! Resistance is futile!!!:rolf::rolf::rolf:

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle
The pen is finished and boy did it turn out nice!!! We had no splintering or chip out. The kit and wood really compliment each other. I'm leaving the honor of posting pics to Phillip. They should be up in about 30 minutes or so when he gets home.

Phillip did everything on the pen except for applying the CA finish. He did a great job especially for his first pen. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Great job Phillip!!!:icon_thum
They should be up in about 30 minutes or so when he gets home.
Has any one checked to see if he is OK?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Has any one checked to see if he is OK?

:rolf: :rolf: He made it home alright, despite being almost blinded by the joy of his first pen. But alas he was a little slow on posting the pics it took him 42 minutes to get them up :lol: :lol: :lol:

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
:rolf: :rolf: He made it home alright, despite being almost blinded by the joy of his first pen. But alas he was a little slow on posting the pics it took him 42 minutes to get them up :lol: :lol: :lol:

and needless to say he is HOOKED!!!!
:rotflm: :rotflm: :rotflm:

Eaglesc

New User
Eagle

Where?:eusa_thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS