Group Buy for Shellac, Hide Glue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Anyone wanting to participate please let me know by 12/3. You will not beat these prices! We get 10% off of listed prices with a TOP SECRET coupon code. We may qualify for a better discount depending on the quantity ordered. I will order and split shipping charges based on weight. Vijay will ship less than 1lb if requested. Please post your interest and I'll PM you with my mailing address. I need a promise of a check on its way in the mail or cash in hand. (No CODs)

Distribution:
You are welcome to pick-up at my house in Concord or for the Charlotte folks, I can meet you on one of my many trips to Charlotte.

I will also be traveling to the Apex/Cary/Chapel Hill area on 12/15 (morning) and we can work out delivery. My route is along I-85/40 (Salisbury/Lexington/Greensboro/Burlington/Durham/Cary/Apex/Chapel Hill). I would prefer to drop off at one location for distribution in Apex/Cary for the Raleighwood folks.

I will also be attending Kyle's get together on Dec 16 and can either meet you there or hand off to another attendee for North Carolina Woodworker Express delivery.

Info here:
http://shellacfinishes.biz

Participants:
Mark Fogleman- 1lb Super Blond, 1/2lb Garnet, 1lb Orange
Ed Nelson- 1lb Orange, 1/2lb Garnet
Pete Mohr- 1lb Super Blonde
Mike Hall- 1lb Super Blonde; 1lb Garnet
Phillip-1lb Sampler Pack
Steve-1lb Super Blonde, 1lb Garnet, 1lb Beige, 1lb Orange
Shayne Grant- 1lb Super Blonde, 1lb Garnet

nelsone

New User
Ed
If any of you guys are interested in shellac, this is a good deal. Woodcraft and Klingspore's are at least twice the cost!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I'm in for 1lb. Super Blond. I'll pick it up at Kyle's in Dec.

Do you have a PayPal acct?

pete

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I've never used Shellac before, I'm not looking for pointers here, just wondering if the deal includes the starter pack...thanks guys!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Phillip,
The sampler pack is included in the discount and would be a good way to get started. Vijay includes a guide for mixing different cuts and general application information. The good thing about using flake shellac is that you only have to mix up what you need for a particular job. The flakes last a long time if kept cool and dry.
Mark

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Well then, put me down for the sampler pack...I'm hoping to make it to Kyle's in December. How do you want us to pay you?

sediener

New User
Steve
I'd like 1# orange 1# garnet 1# beige and 1# super blonde. Might as well stock up...

I'll meet wherever in Cary/Apex, maybe we can make it a lunch? I missed the last on and am in need of a fish sandwich.

Let me know how much I owe and I'll mail the check out.

- Steve

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone for the interest! I'll email Vijay and see what he can do for us in addition to the NCWW discount and let you know about payment.
Mark

Shayne

New User
Shayne
I have never used shallac before but have been itching to play with it. Put me down for 1lb of Garnet and 1lb of Super Blonder. I too live in Raleigh and I am flexible about pickup. Just let me know where/how to pay you.

Thanks

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Fixin' to order tomorrow. Jump in if you want a good deal. Shipping for what we have now is only $1.77/lb on top of 10% discount
Such a deal, such a a deal!!!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Everyone,

The order is in. Shipping worked out to $1.64/lb with the addition of an extra pound for Mike. If you haven't written the check please change your calculation. I'll refund the difference otherwise. See you all in a few weeks!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Guys,
The shellac arrived today and Vijay included a lagniappe in addition to our discount. (http://www.answers.com/topic/lagniappe )
My travel plans have changed d/t needing to care for a family member in Burlington on Saturday and I now need to deliver the Raleigh/Cary/Apex packages on Friday(12/14) late morning/afternoon. Could I meet you guys for lunch in Raleigh/Cary/Apex or drop it off at either Shayne or Steve's house or business? I'll see the rest of you at Kyle's on Sunday.
Thanks!
Mark

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Not only do we get a great deal, but a new thousand dollar word! Thanks again Mark, see you Sunday.

Shayne

New User
Shayne
Mark,

Friday morning/afternoon is fine by me. I work in RTP which is along 40 so I could meet you somewhere in that area whenever works for you.

Thanks
Shayne

Shayne

New User
Shayne
How about Randy's Pizza at 5311 S. Miami Blvd? It's just off 40 at the Miami Blvd exit, take a left at the top of the exit ramp and there is a Wendy's opposite the plaza where Randy's is. Any guess as to what time you will be arriving?

Shayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS