What if Jet/Powermatic/Wilton and Delta had a Yardsale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
FYI, Newnan, GA is about 30 miles southwest of Hotlanta right off I-85. That's a hard day's driving there and back. BTDT:tinysmile_tongue_t:
Bids end in 2 weeks. Check back & see if they've gone anyhwere. Just like Ebay there'll be some last minute bidders I suppose.........but I'll be watching.:eusa_danc

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
OH MAN!! I want a cabinet saw BBADDDD!!!!!

Best start working on the CFO now...

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Unfortunately I'll be driving right by there Sunday after Christmas with a 3/4 empty Tundra returning from Louisana.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I think WMH has a depot somewhere near Atlanta and this looks like returns/accidents/discontinued products. May also be from Wm. J. Redmond. They recently moved to Newnan from Atlanta.

Buyer Beware on this!!!
Some of the serial numbers have been removed so no warranty on some of this stuff. For the unaware: 3ph in the description means 3 phase. It won't work on standard 220 single phase house current w/o a converter and a master's in Electrical Engineering or a motor swap...well maybe just an electrician buddy and a converter of some type.
The other caveat is they only take cashier's checks or electronic bank transfers. No Credit Cards or Paypal.
Bad timing for those of us already spent out for Christmas.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow. I'm tempted. Must...control....tool....instinct...

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
WoW it would be nice.It would be NICE to upgrade from hf green to the big yellow monster:eusa_danc.Gotta remember to keep a check on it.I used to make a run down there twice a month. Not that bad of a run:nah:.

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Wow! I gotta keep an eye on this one! That's a lotta stuff! Gotta see how far that place is from home.....

T

toolferone

Unfortunately I'll be driving right by there Sunday after Christmas with a 3/4 empty Tundra returning from Louisana.

Mark, with any bit of LUCK I might ask you to pony express a small item from there for me if you can.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Tom,
I don't think they'll be open on the Sunday after Christmas. If you can arrange for someone to pick it up and hold it I can grab it on my way north. The truck will be full on the way south. Sorry!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mark - thanks for sharing this!

I'm bidding... Fortunately 3 phase is a non issue for me.

Typically the auction prices go up towards the end of the auction, so like e-bay it's a good strategy to wait until near the end of the auction to bid.

If a lot of folks are interested, it would be worthwhile for someone to take a list of items that we're interested in and stop by the auction early to check them out. Most IRS auctions list more details about the condition of the item; this one seems unusual in that there is little supporting documentation.

As we get closer to the end of the auction, if the prices are still pretty attractive I may buy a few items. If so, I'll have the option of taking the F450 with small trailer or the large trailer. If a lot of folks from the Triangle end up bidding/winning, if you want to chip in towards my R/T costs I may be able to bring your goodies back.

Note that picking up the items won in the auction is usually tightly regulated, and that you usually have to pay a freight company (there are usually 3 - 4 companies working at the auction site loading stuff) to load them for you unless it is something that you can pick up and carry.

Scott

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
My wife and I will be around the ATL after the 1st. Man, some of the stuff is unused and others look like they haven't been used very much. At least I can dream about getting a steal of a deal.

tv

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
That has to be one large dealer going under.There's a fleet of bandsaws.I really wish I never saw this post/that auction.Bidding on those are interesting,if anybody bids in the last three minutes it extends another three minutes plus there is a 10% buyers premium.If its a large item,they have riggers that you have to use and they are outrageous.Steve Sanders has purchased from them and could provide more details.
Greg

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
That was almost my backyard, I lived 40 minutes south in Columbus Ga. It's not a bad drive, for a small space in someones truck, I'll act a tour guide! Jim:eusa_pray

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
My experience with these auctions has been bid early and set your max as high as you can go and forget about it. Set your alarm for 1 hour prior to auction end and decide if you need to go up another increment. Usually the price goes up. Sometimes I get lucky.
As far as pick-up, here's what the "Essentials on this lot" info says on a PM66 Tablesaw w/big extension:
Removal: Seller has agreed to remove and load this item at no cost to the buyer. Seller will not pay for the cost of palletizing,crating, or specialized rigging.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
My experience with these auctions has been bid early and set your max as high as you can go and forget about it. Set your alarm for 1 hour prior to auction end and decide if you need to go up another increment. Usually the price goes up. Sometimes I get lucky.
As far as pick-up, here's what the "Essentials on this lot" info says on a PM66 Tablesaw w/big extension:
Removal: Seller has agreed to remove and load this item at no cost to the buyer. Seller will not pay for the cost of palletizing,crating, or specialized rigging.

Maybe the winners of auctions can pool resources and split a moving truck or other transport/delivery,

What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS