Software Upgrade on the horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

New User
Steve
We currently run vbulletin ver 3.5.2. Jelsoft is getting ready to release 3.6. I will want to upgrade to it as soon as all the addons we use are ready and we have decided on a new(if we decide to do it) Photo Galley. This particular set of upgrades will be a bit harder to do than the last one. That is becuase, I need to vBulletin back to none modified state and then add in the mods that will still be needed. The reason for this is I am pretty sure that I have introduced bugs into the system that are causing very subtle problems. I know more about the internals than I did before and some of that knowledge was not used to implement the older changes.:slap: :BangHead:

To read about the changes in 3.6 you can read the following thread

I t would be a good idea for us to discuss the some of the things in that you don't understand since all of us will be expected to explain some of them to our members. I am looking to see, if I can put up a test forum where we can all play with the new system and see what some of the issues. are.

cskipper

Cathy
That's certainly a lot of information. I feel like I kind of understand it, which is really frightening. Since I have been avoiding vbulletin, I think I'll learn by reading responses to your post. Some of that information makes it sound more difficult for me to mess up! I really like the resizing of uploaded images etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS