Plywood, OSB, or sheetrock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrevans

New User
James
Yes, I'm definitely going to verify the code requirements before doing any work. Apex isn't as strict as Cary, but things vary from one inspector to another. I built a new deck 2 years ago, and had 2 inspectors during the process. 1 was an older guy who came out, looked things over, asked a couple questions, and signed off on his sections... the other was a young guy who was in a bad mood before he even parked the truck. He failed it, twice, based on his complete inexperience and lack of understanding of the words "new" and "existing." Apparently if you attach a new deck to a 10-year old house, you have to replace half the house as well. I still need to sort that out one of these days. (I've talked to the Dept. of Insurance and they say what I have is fine and they'll override the Town if I can't get them to come to their senses.)

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Travis,

As a professional color matcher and former painter I excuse you.

Just don't let your wife know that you can tell the difference. :rotflm:

Actually there is a verifiable genetic physical difference in men and women that accounts for this.

Women can see more subtle differences in color than most men. In other words most men are slightly color blind. In one of my former jobs I had to take a color discrimination test. I passed with only two chips out of place. That qualified me to me trained as a color matcher. A small step up from printer.

Now most color matching is done by computer colorimeters. Another career made redundant by computers. But, I still catch errors made by the computer sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS