PE request from Jasper or Atlanta, GA to Asheville, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpacker

Brent
Senior User
I know this is out of the normal territory for PE requests, but it never hurts to ask. One of our generous members, Gritz, has donated an old furnace fan to me and he gave it to a camper I was supposed to camp with a week or so ago. My camper friend ended up having to work that weekend and was unable to bring the fan to me at our camping get-together, so he now has the fan in Jasper, GA.

If anyone will be in/near Jasper, GA for the foreseeable future and heading east from there, please let me know and we can see what details can be worked out. With enough notice, we could even work it from Atlanta I believe, but would need to have a weekend's notice to try and do that.

Any progress in moving the fan further east would be appreciated, even if it takes several PE legs to get it closer to me.

Thanks,
Brent

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I wish I had known this last week, I have a fan i could have brought you.

I'll be going to Rome, GA in August if nothing by then or I may have room to bring the one I have around the 15th when my daughter graduates from Warren Wilson.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Barring unforeseen developments, I am going to my niece's high school graduation in Marietta the weekend of 5/22. This will get a lot firmer in the next week. This would get it it further away from asheville if I brought it home, but I suspect I could leave it with someone near Charlotte.

Wolfpacker

Brent
Senior User
I wish I had known this last week, I have a fan i could have brought you.

I'll be going to Rome, GA in August if nothing by then or I may have room to bring the one I have around the 15th when my daughter graduates from Warren Wilson.

Mike,
If you have room to bring it to Swannanoa around the 15th, I'd be happy to meet you. Just name the time and place.

Just to check, I am looking for a 115V squirrel cage type fan.

Thanks for the offer.
Brent

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Brent,

I haven't checked the motor on this one. I was going to mount it in my shop wall, but Jim gave me another one already put together on castors. The motor can be easily changed if it doesn't suit you.

I'll try to get it down and check the motor and let you know.

Wolfpacker

Brent
Senior User
Brent,

I haven't checked the motor on this one. I was going to mount it in my shop wall, but Jim gave me another one already put together on castors. The motor can be easily changed if it doesn't suit you.

I'll try to get it down and check the motor and let you know.

Just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to Mike for taking the time to check out the fan and take up precious space in his car to bring the fan to me last weekend. Wish we could have visited longer, but think our wives/family were ready to head home. I'll make good use of it.

Barring unforeseen developments, I am going to my niece's high school graduation in Marietta the weekend of 5/22. This will get a lot firmer in the next week. This would get it it further away from asheville if I brought it home, but I suspect I could leave it with someone near Charlotte.

Andy, thanks for the offer, but I believe I'll be camping with my friend (who picked up the fan from Gritz in April) at the end of the month...if his mean ole boss doesn't make him work again on the weekend.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS