Pay for play

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I know, I know, it's just another Picnic thread, but don't stop reading now that I've got your attention:gar-La;. As far as the picnic goes I know there are people that prefer pay to play ( as in admission costs), I am one of them and I think it's easier, but that's not the way it's done here.

We now have three weeks to go until possibly one of the largest gatherings of woodworkers (socially) that this state has ever seen. We would like people to sign up
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f22/north-carolina-woodworker-spring-picnic-09-a-22473/
for some pot luck style offerings, and no, they don't have to be homemade they can be store bought, It could be bread, rolls, 2-liter bottles of soda, 1 or 2 lb. containers of salads, cookies, etc..

Whatever you want, and as much or little as you want. If everybody brings one item, and it doesn't have to feed 350, or 50 people for that matter, it will be greatly appreciated. Let's get in the mood and pick an item and put it on the list.

If you have dietary concerns or just don't like bbq, please note it as a suggestion in this column, and we can probably work around it.

All of you people rock, and let's get this party started !

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Both my wife and I are not big fans of vinegar based bar-b-que. We actually prefer Texas style but that topic is for a different day.

I volunteer to spend time at the grill for hamburgers and hot dogs. In some parts of the world I am renowned for my skill with tongs and a spatula!!!!:rotflm:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Both my wife and I are not big fans of vinegar based bar-b-que. We actually prefer Texas style but that topic is for a different day.

I volunteer to spend time at the grill for hamburgers and hot dogs. In some parts of the world I am renowned for my skill with tongs and a spatula!!!!:rotflm:

Geoff, we don't plan on saucing the Pork with anything. I think it would be better to have a sauce bar where folks can apply as much of whatever BBQ sauce they like. I am hoping members will contribute their favorites so we can all try all the flavors of BBQ from across this long state (and maybe even Texas) So if you have your favorite sauce bring it, the Pork will be waiting for it.
Also we would appreciate your help at the grill...thanks!
Dave:)

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Somehow I've missed the whole deal on the BBQ. I thought everything was pot luck. Where/how do we contribute to this? Where is this being cooked? How can we help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS