Old threads

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Please refrain from replying to old threads. In some cases, the OP is no longer active. In others, the posting has older information that has been surpassed.

I'm encouraging you to search and read these older posts, I'm simply asking to not reply to them. Thank you.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Please refrain from replying to old threads. In some cases, the OP is no longer active. In others, the posting has older information that has been surpassed.

I'm encouraging you to search and read these older posts, I'm simply asking to not reply to them. Thank you.
Neal - some definitions are in order here.
What does 'old ' mean in this context? Yes I am serious.

Last edited:

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Neal - some definitions are in order here.
Wha does 'old ' mean in this context? Yes I am serious.
Great question @Henry W, I should have added that criteria. In my opinion, anything older than 1 year should constitute an old thread, as a general rule.

In the For Sale/Wanted forum, I would say anything older that 60 days should be considered 'old'.

I am looking at some options that will automatically close posts that exceed out defined thresholds, at what limits we set are still up for discussion. I think we did have that before we migrated to the current forum platform.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member

I don't see a problem with old threads being resurrected, maybe the OP is no longer active, but many threads have more info and impart knowledge to others besides the OP, and sometimes new comments are helpful even if the thread is dated.

Except for for sale posts, if an item hasn't sold in 90 days since the last post (here's looking at you BUMP posts) , I'd say lock the thread.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS