Now Where Did I Put Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
(1998) I started a project making an OSS from a bench top drill press. Removed the quill return spring, and handles. Turned the shaft (where handles attached) to match standard pulley inside diameter. I'm sure being the PACK RAT that I am, I didn't throw handles away. Fast forward to 2012. Recently I picked up a Delta bench top drill press for a song, actually less than half a song, which is missing handles. Ones from OSS project drill press will fit PERFECTLY! Now all I have to do is remember where I put them back in 1998:icon_scra. Yes, I already know they will be the last place I look:rotflm:. After I find them, I will quit looking!

Glennbear

Glenn
I wish you best of luck Bruce, when I moved here about 5 years ago and was building my shop it was like a constant game of Concentration for 6 months. Searching through boxes stacked in the spare bedroom for tools and materials. "Now which box did I see that (fill in the blank) in". :rotflm:

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
I just gotta say...

I'm so glad that I'm NOT the ONLY one this happens to!

Suggestions:

• 1. Label drawers, shelves, boxes, jars, cans, & containers that you put stuff in.
  • 2. Remember #1.
  • 3. Now, that you have not done #1 or #2, proceed to step #4.
  • 4. Look in the drawers, shelves, boxes, jars, cans, & containers that you think DO NOT have what you're looking for.
  • (Chances are you will find it FASTER.)
  • 5. Now, look where you think it is...
  • 6. Now, that steps #1 thru #5 have not produced the item(s), get on eBay, Craigslist, Google, and find what you want at a SUPER Bargain and BUY IT!
  • 7. Step #6 will ensure that will now FIND what you WERE looking for... Now, you can get on eBay, Craigslist, etc. and SELL what you FOUND so you can pay for what you BOUGHT!
That's it!

Seven simple steps to SUCCESS! :rotflm:

Glennbear

Glenn
I just gotta say...

I'm so glad that I'm NOT the ONLY one this happens to!

Suggestions:

• 1. Label drawers, shelves, boxes, jars, cans, & containers that you put stuff in.
  • 2. Remember #1.
  • 3. Now, that you have not done #1 or #2, proceed to step #4.
  • 4. Look in the drawers, shelves, boxes, jars, cans, & containers that you think DO NOT have what you're looking for.
  • (Chances are you will find it FASTER.)
  • 5. Now, look where you think it is...
  • 6. Now, that steps #1 thru #5 have not produced the item(s), get on eBay, Craigslist, Google, and find what you want at a SUPER Bargain and BUY IT!
  • 7. Step #6 will ensure that will now FIND what you WERE looking for... Now, you can get on eBay, Craigslist, etc. and SELL what you FOUND so you can pay for what you BOUGHT!
That's it!

Seven simple steps to SUCCESS! :rotflm:

Thanks for the insightful plan Joe. :gar-La;

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I can sympathize with you. The best thing to do is go and buy some more, then, you will find that some idiot put them right in the middle of the table that you working at. That I can guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS