Idjit of the Week Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think I won the Idjit of the Week Award on this one. While looking at one of my galleries I saw I had downloaded the same photo twice. With the other issue I was having, I ignored it for a while. Then this morning I decided to try & delete it. I right clicked the photo and an option appeared to "hide photos from North Carolina Woodworker". Yeah, I clicked it. Now I can't see any photos. How do I undo it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragon

New User
David
Since I've already got mine, I guess it's your turn for the ID 10 T plaque. Don't have a clue how to fix it but I'm sure one of the "squints" here will.
:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::gar-La;

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.15) Gecko/2009101601 Firefox/3.0.15

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
When you say "hide", did you mean "block"? That's easy enough to fix.

On the Firefox menu, click on "Tools" - "Options". Select the "Content" tab. Next to "Load images automatically", there is a button labeled "Exceptions...". Click on that button. This will bring up a list of sites for which you have elected to block images. Locate the NC WW site and click "Remove site". That should do it.

Note that browsing NCWW without images helps prevent impulse tool buys, excessive spending and all-round improvement of mental health. But it ain't nearly as much fun!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I think you did a Firefox thing, not a Photopost thing.

To undo it, try under the Tools Menu, Options (or preferences, I don't know the windows version as well).

Click on the Content Tab. Load Images Automatically.

If the box is not checked, I think you can go into Exceptions and remove NCWoodworker.

From the Help Menu:
# Load images automatically: Firefox displays images in web pages by default. Uncheck this option/preference to disable images in web pages.
If you enable loading images automatically, the Exceptions... button lets you select sites from which images will not automatically load. The Exceptions... button lets you specify websites that you wish to load (or not load) regardless of the setting of this preference. In the exceptions list, enter the site from which you want to allow or block images and click Allow to allow images, or click Block to block the images.

Hope this helps.

You can Hide Images in Photopost, but not from yourself :)

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Or... what Bas said ;-)

Jim
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5

sapwood

New User
Roger
Uh, I don't think it's a Firefox thing. His camera icon has disappeared and his name in photo gallery isn't there . . . but I could be wrong :icon_scra

ROger

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Or... what Bas said ;-)

Jim
Yeah, what Jim said. I hope one of us is right :gar-La;

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Uh, I don't think it's a Firefox thing. His camera icon has disappeared and his name in photo gallery isn't there . . . but I could be wrong :icon_scra

ROger

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5
You're not wrong Roger, just mistaken :gar-Bi. The camera icon still exists, it's just not displayed in the first post of a thread (you'll have to ask Jim to explain it - but it has to do with the stickness of the first post within a thread) (i.e. I don't really know). I did see his name in the Photo Gallery, so all should be right.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Oh! never mind :roll:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bas won Da Geenyus o' da Week award on this one. :icon_thum
His fix cleared it right up.
Thanks a bunch. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
Now I can even see the avatars.:eek:
Think I'll switch it back...............:gar-Bi

sapwood

New User
Roger
'de Bas and 'de Frog :icon_thum
Faster than Bob's your mother's brother :mrgreen:

Roger

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Ugh, missing camera icon is a new one on me. Has to do with all the extra options on the first post in the Help Desk. I've been hunting for the bug, as you might notice the first post doesn't report the browser info.

Either way, Dennis is happy again!

Chalk one up for the wood guys!

Jim

You're not wrong Roger, just mistaken :gar-Bi. The camera icon still exists, it's just not displayed in the first post of a thread (you'll have to ask Jim to explain it - but it has to do with the stickness of the first post within a thread) (i.e. I don't really know). I did see his name in the Photo Gallery, so all should be right.

sawman101

New User
Bruce Swanson
Well Dennis, I just out idjitted ya. Been using Timberwolf 3/4"x105'/2 blades to resaw, but wasn't getting the best results on greener lumber. Put a new 1/2"x105"/2 blade on and tuned it in. Checking table for square with a scrap piece of 3/4"x 4" long--touched it to the blade and the blade grabbed it and jammed bending the new blade. I had left out the throat plate. :BangHead: No support under the front of the short block. I used 2 sets of pliers to get some of the kink out, but certainly not what it should be. Happy to report that the 1/2" blade, even with the slight defect still resaws far better than the 3/4" on green stuff.:saw:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS