How to create Amazon product links that benefit this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Franke

New User
Alex
(Mods, please let me know if I'm overstepping by offering this here!)

If you want to create detailed Amazon.com product links that give referral credit back to this site, then I have an online tool that you might want to try. It does not affect the price you pay, but it does help this site earn referral fees (usually about 4-7%) for purchases made when users visit Amazon.com using the link.

Here's what to do:

1. Find the ASIN number on the Amazon.com product page of the product you want to share. It's listed under "Product Details," is 10 digits long, and starts with a B (usually). Example: B000BWY78I
  2. Go here: http://www.codecreations.com/apps/amazonlinker?afid=northcarolwoo-20
  3. Enter the ASIN number, and select any options, then click Create Link.
  4. Copy the code in the "Product Link in BBCode" section and paste into your message.
Here's an example of what you end up with: (Y'all are welcome to buy this for me, by the way ;))

Powermatic 1792000K Model PM 2000 3 Horsepower Cabinet Saw with 50-Inch Accu-Fence, 2 Cast Iron Extension Wings, Table Board, and Legs, 230-Volt 1 Phase
New: $2,699.00 (17% savings)
Used: Not available used
Rating: 4.5 of 5, 23 review(s)

Go Heels!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Alex, thanks for posting! :icon_thum:icon_thum There is actually a plug-in we have running on the site that will automatically rewrite any Amazon URL that is posted to include the NC WW referrer ID. It basically does what you described, but without manual work.

(Good thing too - one half of the users here wouldn't be able to figure it out, the second half is too lazy, and the third half has problems with fractions!)

All tips that support the site are welcome :eek:ccasion1

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Alex, thanks for posting! :icon_thum:icon_thum There is actually a plug-in we have running on the site that will automatically rewrite any Amazon URL that is posted to include the NC WW referrer ID. It basically does what you described, but without manual work.

(Good thing too - one half of the users here wouldn't be able to figure it out, the second half is too lazy, and the third half has problems with fractions!)

All tips that support the site are welcome :eek:ccasion1

Where is that at, Bas?:widea:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Where is that at, Bas?:widea:
It's automatic. Let's say you're browsing Amazon for router bits, and find a good deal. Just cut and paste the URL in your post. The software automatically recognizes the URL points to Amazon, and will add the referrer ID as a parameter. Try it and see - magic! :)

gator

George
Corporate Member
Once again, as a computer illiterate, maybe there is something I'm missing.:confused_:icon_scra:confused_:icon_scra Doesn't simply clicking to Amazon on the right side ad do the same thing with any order you place after clicking through the ad?

George

Glennbear

Glenn
Does using the Amazon search box on the right side of this page generate income for NCWW ? Would a purchase after using that method do so also ? :wsmile:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Once again, as a computer illiterate, maybe there is something I'm missing.:confused_:icon_scra:confused_:icon_scra Doesn't simply clicking to Amazon on the right side ad do the same thing with any order you place after clicking through the ad?

George

Does using the Amazon search box on the right side of this page generate income for NCWW ? Would a purchase after using that method do so also ? :wsmile:

Yes, the search options and links on the right hand side that go to Amazon, Klingspor, Rockler & Woodcraft will also generate revenue for the site.

Alex Franke

New User
Alex

Cool -- well this one will always be available to use in case the automatic filter doesn't roll in all the other goodies (photo, rating, price, etc).

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

George

Yes George, if you click Amazon from the NCWW page and actually buy something in that session NCWW gets a %.

Alex Franke

New User
Alex
Yes George, if you click Amazon from the NCWW page and actually buy something in that session NCWW gets a %.

right -- NCWW actually gets credit for anything you put into your cart for the next 24 hours after you click on one of the links (whether it be on the sidebar or in a post), so long as you eventually buy it -- unless you click through a different affiliate's link first.

Best bet is to click through one of the links, and add to cart/checkout all in one session -- just to be sure the credit goes where you want it to.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You European transplants would be the ones having trouble with fractions right?

I fall into the too lazy or couldn't figure it out category.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Bas is obviously in the third half. :gar-La; We all know that the whole of anything is made up of 4 halves not three. :eusa_doh::eusa_doh: :rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS