Hearing protection suggestions

llucas

luke
Senior User
I have been using 3m work tunes for several years and I like them just ok. Biggest negative is pressure on my ears after about an hour They are totally worn out now and I’m ready to replace them. I do want fm radio and Wi-Fi capability. There is a model of 3m work tunes that has gel pads for extra comfort
Anybody use those. Or any must have hearing protection/entertainment models out there?
Thanks for any suggestions

J_Graham

Graham
Corporate Member
I'm not sure if you like in-ear type listening, I find that a cheaper lighter ear muff over my high quality bluetooth ear buds is the most comfortable for me. I wear that combo several hours a day running large equipment.
Additionally, some people find that "on-ear" muffs are better for pressure than "over-the-ear" style.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I'm not sure if you like in-ear type listening, I find that a cheaper lighter ear muff over my high quality bluetooth ear buds is the most comfortable for me. I wear that combo several hours a day running large equipment.
Additionally, some people find that "on-ear" muffs are better for pressure than "over-the-ear" style.
I tried that, but the in-ear type end up hurting my ears too much.

I'm in same boat, my 3M Work Tunes are worn out and need replacement, so starting to look around too

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
I have been using 3m work tunes for several years and I like them just ok. Biggest negative is pressure on my ears after about an hour They are totally worn out now and I’m ready to replace them. I do want fm radio and Wi-Fi capability. There is a model of 3m work tunes that has gel pads for extra comfort
Anybody use those. Or any must have hearing protection/entertainment models out there?
I have a pair of the 3m gel cushioned ones, and I think they are quite comfortable. I can also say that I haven't worn them for an hour or more, so I cant attest to how they feel after wearing them that long

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Peltor makes good bluetooth muffs, and are very comfortable with the gel pads. About the same price as Isotunes. I am able to wear them with over-the-ear hearing aids.

Ricksmi

Rick
Corporate Member
I use the Isotunes DEFY over ear and with glasses I find them very comfortable. I have worn them up to 5 hours straight with no discomfort. I also have the Pro Aware buds which work well. Both allow me to take calls, listen to music and after several hours my ears don't hurt from either one. I bought the Pro Aware for use while I'm on lawn tractor which for me is a 2 hour job cutting grass.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Thanks for any suggestions
I just went to replace my 3M Work Tunes b/c the ear muffs were dry rotted and crumbling, and found out they sell replacement ear muffs. Saved me about $50 to just replace the ear muffs versus a whole new headset.

wbarnes

Will
Corporate Member
I use the 3M Pro-Protect gel over the ear muffs in the shop, mowing, and during construction. They work extremely well and are comfortable for 3+ hours for me. Only downside is they don’t have FM radio like you said you wanted. I use Bluetooth connected to my phone so not an issue for me.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS