Foothills Craftsmen

Foothills Craftsmen Group Good Idea or Bad Idea?

• Yes, I would be interested

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • No, Im too busy making stuff

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
I think log to lumber would be great for a first topic. Cabriolet legs, bent wood projects, veneer, tool sharpening, a hand tool only project (like a small table), finish techniques, carving for furniture. I can probably come up with more, but sounds like some great suggestions so far!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Kyle,
I'm interested too. Logs to lumber, field identification of different types of trees (summer vs winter), Robert Arrowood showing us how he makes his walking sticks, metal working/welding for the home shop, tool set-up/repair session and a shop electrical safety/fire safety seminar would be good.
Mark

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I'd be interested im most any topic. Finishing is beginning to become an issue with us. 3rd Sunday afternoon would work for me also. 3 p.m.?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
What would you say to every other month? Then if someone from a distance wanted to attend, they could plan a camping trip or other outing around it? We could just mark our calendars. If I can be of assistance, let me know.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
>>Proposed dates:

3rd Sunday every 3rd month. March, June, September, December.<<

We just missed September and the 3rd Sunday in December is pretty close to Santa day. I think there's enough interest that we could start in October or November.

Adding to topics: Hand plane usage - application and technique. How to correctly use the plane after it's well tuned.

pete

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I can do the first presentation Logs to Lumber. Having a topic for every month you get overlap and redundancy, every 3 months you have something to look forward to and time to practice between meetings.
1st meeting. I am moving to the farm in October so I cannot start this month. The 3rd Sunday in December is the 16th. I will tentatively set this up for 1:00 Sunday afternoon on December 16th.

The whole presentation will take probably an hour to hour and a half.

1- saw a log
2- stickering and drying
3- kiln operation
4- sorting and grading

Need a volunteer(s) for the next meeting which would be March, June, September

As I stated there will be no dues or fees unless we want some special presenters.

thanks,

Kyle

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Mark said something about my hiking sticks. Everyone bring your boots
and we can go from step 1. Finding the right stick. If thats cool?:eusa_thin

And before I forget do I need to put in my vote? I didn't do it to start.:slap:

nelsone

New User
Ed
Foothills Craftsmen?

Kyle, are you still planning on doing the "Logs to Lumber" seminar on Dec. 16th? I was going to reply to the other thread, but it's closed.

MikeH

Mike
Corporate Member
Re: Foothills Craftsmen?

Kyle, are you still planning on doing the "Logs to Lumber" seminar on Dec. 16th? I was going to reply to the other thread, but it's closed.

I've reopened the thread..... and moved your post to it. :icon_thum

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Kyle, if you are still planning on the 16th I'll do my best to show up! I need another reason to come drool over some of the lumber you have up there!!!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I'll be there!
Carpool down Hwy73 from Concord? Eric? Reggie? I can take my truck if you need to shop at Kyle's store:eusa_danc
Mary Ann is accusing me of having a wood STABLE (Stash That Accumulates Beyond Life Expectancy:eusa_thin but if I see the right piece.....

J

jeff...

I'll be there!
Carpool down Hwy73 from Concord? Eric? Reggie? I can take my truck if you need to shop at Kyle's store:eusa_danc
Mary Ann is accusing me of having a wood STABLE (Stash That Accumulates Beyond Life Expectancy:eusa_thin but if I see the right piece.....

Tell Mary Ann you are far from have STABLE... The 16th I'm going to do my best to be there.

Thanks Kyle

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I'll be there!

If I don't leave that day for goose hunting I'd love to go. Let me get a little closer to the date. I'll be driving my truck too, so I could haul for someone. (Ivey's got all my money!)

thrytis

New User
Eric
I'll be there!

I'm up for carpooling.

Have you compared the number of square feet of fabric she has to the number of board feet of wood you have? It is a lot harder to see how much fabric is stashed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS