Cutlist Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

New User
Steve
I have a program called Cutlist Plus. I was using it today to try to create a cutlist for some shop cabinets that I'm about to build. I entered all the materials and the parts list for one cabinet. I assumed that there would be a setting that would allow me to say how many cabinets I wanted the cutlist for. But I couldn't find it:BangHead: So I just did the multiplication manually as though one cabinet had the part count for seven. That worked, but I can't believe that there isn't a setting to do that automatically.

Cutlist users, what am I missing?:eek:

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
When you enter your info ( part #, description, quantity ) then the next column is copies. This should give you a total.

M

McRabbet

Unfortunately, Cutlist Plus does not allow one to multiply at the Sub-Assembly level (which would correspond to a particular size cabinet). As John said, you can multiply at the Part level. So for example, I might name a project "Shop Cabinets" and the Component ID might be "Base Cabinets". My Sub-Assemblies will probably be things like "Carcase", "Shelves", "Drawers", "Face Frame", "Doors" and "Toe Kick". Parts are named as the pieces of each Sub-Assembly -- e.g., Single Raised Panel Doors will include Rails, Stiles and Panels. If I have four identical Doors, then I'll have 8 Rails, 8 Stiles and 4 x # of pieces to form a Panel.

For Raised Panel doors, I use the Excel spreadsheet I recently uploaded to the Download Library to calculate sizes of rails, stiles and panels. It will give correct dimensions with simple entries. For a glue-up panel of say 12" x 26", I will enter 3 pieces into Cutlist at 4-1/2" width x 26-1/2" long per door and add a note (right click on the Part #) to remind me to trim the panel to 12" x 26" when glued up.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Footnote -- the limitation of 50 parts is a minor issue; I just create another project. But, I'm not happy that both Sales Tax and Markups are excluded in the $89 Silver version -- I cannot justify the $249 Gold Edition for those features along with unlimited parts and the ability to specify multiple copies of a Project and to produce cost proposals.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Unfortunately, Cutlist Plus does not allow one to multiply at the Sub-Assembly level (which would correspond to a particular size cabinet). As John said, you can multiply at the Part level. So for example, I might name a project "Shop Cabinets" and the Component ID might be "Base Cabinets". My Sub-Assemblies will probably be things like "Carcase", "Shelves", "Drawers", "Face Frame", "Doors" and "Toe Kick". Parts are named as the pieces of each Sub-Assembly -- e.g., Single Raised Panel Doors will include Rails, Stiles and Panels. If I have four identical Doors, then I'll have 8 Rails, 8 Stiles and 4 x # of pieces to form a Panel.

For Raised Panel doors, I use the Excel spreadsheet I recently uploaded to the Download Library to calculate sizes of rails, stiles and panels. It will give correct dimensions with simple entries. For a glue-up panel of say 12" x 26", I will enter 3 pieces into Cutlist at 4-1/2" width x 26-1/2" long per door and add a note (right click on the Part #) to remind me to trim the panel to 12" x 26" when glued up.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Footnote -- the limitation of 50 parts is a minor issue; I just create another project. But, I'm not happy that both Sales Tax and Markups are excluded in the $89 Silver version -- I cannot justify the $249 Gold Edition for those features along with unlimited parts and the ability to specify multiple copies of a Project and to produce cost proposals.

Thanks for the excel link. Simple tool but it's nice to get it all put together for free.

Chuck

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I like that tool! thanks for the link Rob.

Re: cutlist plus.... using the silver edition now... may be justifying the Gold on one of the next jobs --- imagine doing 35-40 feet of kitchen cabinets, 50 pieces at a time:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS