Your Thoughts Needed for the Misses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Saturday night Kathy was involved in a car wreck. She was traveling home on University Drive in Elon when she was hit from behind. Now, this is a family site and I know I have to hold back personal opinions, but how in the world do you hit someone from behind when they are going 55 down the highway :dontknow: . The other drivers response to her and police was it was because she was not going the speed limit. :kamahlitu

The good news is that for the most part she is ok, there are no serious injuries, she is just very stiff and sore from being roughed up by the collision. We are very glad that she did not have our grandson, he is normally with her on the Saturdays I work.

To add, if the is justice here, we do know the other driver was ticketed, also her dad drove her car home, and as he left the other drivers car was being drug onto a rollback.

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry Brian. My guess is the other driver was on their cell phone or other wise distracted. Thankful it was not worse.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Minimum speed on the interstate is 40 so she was well within the law.

Sorry for the bad time, hope Kathy is OK and you can get the car fixed without too much trouble.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Brian, I'm glad to hear that she is ok. Car's can be fixed; people, not quite so easily.

We will keep her and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Scott

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
I'm glad to hear that she is OK. Some people are just in a hurry, and nothing is there fault.

Danny

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Bryan, I'm just glad to hear Kathy was not seriously injured and your grandson wasn't with her. If there is anything I can do for you, please, please let me know.

Bill

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Glad to hear your wife is ok. I would definitely try to get a copy of the ticket from the officer. I would also be talking with your insurance company as I bet theirs will be calling you. I would also file a lawsuit if their insurance company doesn't pay for EVERYTHING!

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
I'm glad to hear that Kathy is ok Brian. What a lousy thing to have to go through. There are way too many distracted drivers out there.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Bryan,
Glad to hear she's OK. Cars can be replaced, but loved ones are the most important thing we have. Jim

Last edited:

ehpoole

Ethan
I'm really glad to hear she is Ok and largely uninjured (if not a bit bruised). That is what matters more than anything else. Hopefully she'll feel much better in the next few days (I know how painful an instantaneous stop at 55mph can be).

My philosophy on non-reckless auto accidents is we all have bad days and we are all guilty of distraction from time to time. One can waste a lot of time and energy wondering why, or just move on with life and forgive.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thankful she's Okay. It's doubtful there is anything she could have done to avoid this. I have become much more defensive driving these days but how does one have any defense from what happens from behind? Scary.

It really doesn't matter what the excuses were for the other driver. Forensics have come a long way in clearing up any misconceptions;)

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
Every day I see people driving badly because they are distracted while driving, mostly texting. Right in front of Open Road Cycles in Denver a young girl ran into the back of another car. She admitted that she was sending a text and wasn't looking at the car in front of her.

Saturday night Kathy was involved in a car wreck. She was traveling home on University Drive in Elon when she was hit from behind. Now, this is a family site and I know I have to hold back personal opinions, but how in the world do you hit someone from behind when they are going 55 down the highway :dontknow: . The other drivers response to her and police was it was because she was not going the speed limit. :kamahlitu

The good news is that for the most part she is ok, there are no serious injuries, she is just very stiff and sore from being roughed up by the collision. We are very glad that she did not have our grandson, he is normally with her on the Saturdays I work.

To add, if the is justice here, we do know the other driver was ticketed, also her dad drove her car home, and as he left the other drivers car was being drug onto a rollback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS