ww supplies and groups in Fayetteville, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

John.P.Burns

New User
John
Hello,

Wondering if anyone knows of any woodworking hobby stores in Fayetteville. Right now I buy most of my equipment and wood at Lowes/ Home Depot/ Sears. I was wondering if there was more specialized stores in the area where I can get some more expert advice.

Does anyone know of any wood working hobby groups or clubs in or around Fayetteville. I would really be interested in getting together with more experienced woodworkers to learn new skills and techniques.

Thanks,
John

Nate Davey

New User
Nate
There are no specialty stores in Fayetteville. Check out the Wood, wood, wood thread for some lumber info. There is also a loose group of people who get together for lunch occasionally, we might be due for another. It would help if we knew what type of woodworking you did or would like to do.

John.P.Burns

New User
John
Nate,

I am pretty new at wood working. So far I have just built a coffee table and a few smaller projects of the same table/ stand variety. I am interested at continuing tables and desks, but I would also like to learn building smaller sized projects like jewlery boxes, humidors, and small cabinets. I'm slowly building my tool collection (router, dremel, table saw, hand saws, chisels, hand drills, planer, etc.), but I really don't have the know-how to use them to their full extent.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Yep, we are due to get together again pretty soon. Anyone want to pick a date?

Berta

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
How about a Saturday this time. Some folks have to work and maybe they could come to a get together on a Saturday.:wsmile:

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Is the 23rd good? I think it is far enough away to make plans for. I still would like to have it in the Spring lake area this time. Burger King?

Berta

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
John welcome, Depends on what kind of wood you need. I do have a collection wood, that may be helpful.
I would be more than happy to help you out with tips and such. I do have a full shop out back, ready for sawdust to be generated if you need.
Drop me a PM and I'll give you my number.

MAC

jdulaney

New User
John
Is the 23rd good? I think it is far enough away to make plans for. I still would like to have it in the Spring lake area this time. Burger King?

Berta

Hmm, Spring Lake is difficult for me, I'm stuck on the bus system for the time being.

John,

If you don't mind using hand tools, starting either this coming Fourth Friday or the following, I will be demonstrating some blacksmithing for the Transportation Museum. Bring some flat tool (spring) steel, and I can do chisels, auger bits, plane blades, etc.

All that said, some of the first work I'll be doing will be for the tools that I'll need for the blacksmithing in general. I want to make a set of tools to leave there so I don't have to haul mine every time.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Not in Fayetteville, but Triangle Woodworkers meets third Tues of the month (normally) at Klingspor's in Raleigh. Meeting starts at 7:00PM, and usually is over 9:00 - 9:30 range. Get a bus load (van load, car load) together and come on up. Visitors are always welcome. Our newsletter is available at Trianglewoodworkers.com In August, we will meet on another day, as we have an "out of town speaker."

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Berta,
As someone already mentioned, the 23rd is the Raleigh meeting of the Midwest Tool Collectors. Not good. Spring Lake and Burger King is good for me, just not then.

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
Hello,

Wondering if anyone knows of any woodworking hobby stores in Fayetteville. Right now I buy most of my equipment and wood at Lowes/ Home Depot/ Sears. I was wondering if there was more specialized stores in the area where I can get some more expert advice.

Does anyone know of any wood working hobby groups or clubs in or around Fayetteville. I would really be interested in getting together with more experienced woodworkers to learn new skills and techniques.

Thanks,
John
The Hardwood Store of NC, Inc. is about 1 1/2 hours away from Fayetteville but well worth the trip. Come see us! Maybe a group of you could get together for a visit to the store.

www.hardwoodstore.com

Thanks,

Cheryl

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
How is this Saturday? (the 16th) Maybe we could talk about getting a group together to go to Raleigh. Shop at the woodworking stores, have lunch. Could be fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS