WTB: Spindle for pre 1957 Buffalo Forge Drill Press

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
Looking for a good spindle with chuck release nut for a pre 1937 Buffalo Forge 15" drill press. If you have something let's talk

Rick

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Do you know if it’s an R-8 type? If so I have this one with a J33 taper for the chuck.

Attachments

• IMG_4171.jpeg
    IMG_4171.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
Thanks - what I need is a splined drill press spindle. I'm going to try to get a picture posted later today.

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
So a few specifics - doesn't have to be a Buffalo spindle. It does need to be a6 spline, 5/8" diameter, at least 15" long with a spline length of at lease 6-1/2" and a taper chuck fitting.

Rick

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
To clarify what Rick means by chuck release nut is the threaded collar typically found spindles using the Jacobs 34-33C (633C) chuck.

1        633c a - 1.jpg

This is the threaded nut for chuck release. The bearings happen to have been installed on this spindle.

1        633c b - 1.jpg

Rick_B

Rick
Corporate Member
Thanks for the clarification Bob - when I saw you responded I was hoping it was to say you had what I needed on the shelf. :). Turns out after destroying the chuck I discovered it was a 33B - threaded chuck. Not sure if the spindle came threaded from the factory or a PO got creative and put a 1/2 - 20 thread on the taper.

Rick

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Looks like they were $4 back in the day. Don’t know what year this was but you had to have a minimum order of 40 cents.😂
1704496809602.jpeg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors