WTB: Bandsaw ~ 17” or larger Euro style - Boone, NC

Phillip Mitchell

Phillip
User
I have a good friend who is looking for a well-built, mid sized used bandsaw in good condition. I have been helping him look for some good options and figured I’d post this here as you never know what’s out there.

Some models he’s considered but have sold too quickly

17” grizzly 513
Laguna - LT16, 18, 14Suv, 18bx
Minimax MM16

He may be open to a 14” saw with a bigger motor and larger resaw.

Located near Boone, NC but willing to drive ~ 4-6 hours for the right saw/deal.

Feel free to send me a message here and/or email me - phillip@stillwaterwoodworks.com

Thanks for looking!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
@Phillip Mitchell did you happen to see this one listed on Facebook market place?
It is Hayesville NC

20" General 2hp Bandsaw
$1,800

1644941401399.png

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a SCM MiniMax S45N with built in casters and assorted blades. I currently have four bandsaws so this one could go - I could use the space

Phillip Mitchell

Phillip
User
Thanks for the replies. Last I heard he is considering a nearly new SCM s400p bandsaw from a member here.

Thanks for the replies.

Phil S,

How old is the S45N?

Robert LaPlaca

Robert
Senior User
Phillip, wow really not sure what your buddy needs to consider, a Centuro built MM16 (s400p) is a fantastic bandsaw. Only machine that would be better would be a MM20.

I have no horse in this race, just a happy MM bandsaw owner since 2001.

Phillip Mitchell

Phillip
User
Phillip, wow really not sure what your buddy needs to consider, a Centuro built MM16 (s400p) is a fantastic bandsaw. Only machine that would be better would be a MM20.

I have no horse in this race, just a happy MM bandsaw owner since 2001.
Tell me about it. Last I heard, he’s making the trip to go get the s400p tomorrow and wants me to help him unload it. Funny thing is that he helped me unload my 20” Italian saw about 4 years after I drug it home from a fellow member here. Karma, I suppose

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hey guys - the MM16 (S400P) being picked up tomorrow is mine, I've got to say - I'm a bit sad to see it go, but it's overkill for my needs, I can use the space more, and I have an older Walker Turner 16" that I restored a few years back as my daily driver in that range, (ultimately still an OWWM guy at heart). No-one is ever excited to say goodbye to a Ferrari though, (or Centauri in this case), ha. Phillip, I've got a relatively strong back, and a tractor w/ loader on my end if that fails - good luck on yours, ha!

Robert LaPlaca

Robert
Senior User
Heath, actually I understand. I have a machine that I hardly ever use and takes up way too much of the valuable real estate in my shop that I would love give an new home.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors