Wow that is a lot of woodworking tools! Anybody from here going?

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
1ST LIVE AUCTION IN OVER A YEAR

SPECIAL TOOL AUCTION

SATURDAY 12/11/21 AT 10:00 AM

HOY AUCTION CO

1303 SOUTH MAIN ST

WAKE FOREST, NC

WE ARE SELLING THE CONTENTS OF 3 SHOPS , 2 WERE ALL WOOD WORKING . MOST OF THESE TOOLS HAVE BEEN KEPT IN OUTSTANDING CONDITION.

PLANER, LATHE, TABLE SAWS, DRILL PRESS, LOTS OF PLANES (SOME ANTIQUE AND SOME NEVER USED, JOINTER, WORK BENCHES, HAND TOOLS, TABLES WILL BE FULL!!!

THIS IS A LIVE AUCTION WITH NO ONLINE BIDDING!!

ALL ITEMS MUST BE REMOVED THE DAY OF AUCTION!!

PREVIEW THURSDAY 12/9/21 9AM TO 5PM

FRIDAY 12/10/21 9 AM TO 5 PM

TERMS ; CASH/CHECK/VISA/MC/DISCOVER

15% BUYERS PREMIUM

WWW.HOYAUCTION.COM

talkdesk919-291-0192

AUCTIONEER; JAY HOY NCAL #4130

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Funny, but good thing - all the links to pictures etc. are "broken" when I use Google or Brave...??
Must be work's "nanny software" UGH!!

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
What a wide array of stuff there. Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was a little odd that in one of the pics you can see about 4 Festool systainers on the floor and yet there's no pictures of the actual tools shown that I could find.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Auctions are interesting. I have only arrended a few and it always seems the items sell near new retail prices and when a buyers premium is added and tax, it is more than retail.
I have generally had better luck on the NCWW site purchasing tools as the prices are generally fair or better than fair and you have a chance to meet the person behind the username

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Not always, but many times, if you have the patience to stay until the end, very good deals can be had. I understand the auction wants to keep the "buyers" at the auction as long as possible, but sometimes I can't and won't stay all day. That is a lot of items to sell, so I imagine it will be a long day. Still may go, on the fence at the moment.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Lots of pictures but since some items are in multi pictures there is no telling how many lots this will be broken up into. There are a few items I would like if the price were right.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
By buying, you are paying admission. The seller is already paying them, and buyer premium is another word for RIP OFF!!
Hey, it’s just commerce - the prices are totally under the control of the bidders. Just go into it with your eyes open.

Speaking for myself I don’t really care about how much the seller gets vs what the auctioneer gets - only the bottom line $number I’m paying.

-Mark

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey, it’s just commerce - the prices are totally under the control of the bidders. Just go into it with your eyes open.

Speaking for myself I don’t really care about how much the seller gets vs what the auctioneer gets - only the bottom line $number I’m paying.

-Mark
All true, but as I once heard a man say when he was complimented for getting a bargain on an item, "I don't know about that. I had to pay more than anybody else here - or the whole world for that matter - to get it." But, yes. When going to an auction, always listen to the announcements about premiums and credit card surcharges and bid accordingly. Noting makes the price of an item go up faster than 2 people that really want it. As for bid buyers, that's another poker game. They never know where you'll stop bidding and they could - and often do - end up with the item that they have to resell at their own risk of a loss.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS