Workshop Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldetoolworkshop

New User
Aaron
Hey Ya'll

I've wanted to do this for a while now, but life keeps getting in the way. I have posted a video of my workshop on YouTube, the title is "2018 Workshop Tour". Please Let me know what you think.

"Happy Shavings"
-Aaron

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you Aaron - subscribed

Love your shop - VERY efficient, organized and CLEAN!!!

oldetoolworkshop

New User
Aaron
Thanks Hank! Keeping a shop clean takes a lot of effort for me, but I realized that when I walk into my shop every morning and everything is in it's place, I get a really nice feeling and I am ready to proceed with what ever project I am working on at the time. Also, it helps me keep from loosing stuff lol.

"Happy Shavings"
-Aaron

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Nicely done Aaron. Ultra-clean and well organized too! Can you show us some of your project outputs from that shop? Just curious about what you do.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nicely done Aaron. Ultra-clean and well organized too! Can you show us some of your project outputs from that shop? Just curious about what you do.
I REALLY wanted to make the comment of "Aaron the Axe murderer" But I don't know him that well, and was worried how he would take that joke!!!!

(I haven't seen that many axes outside of Highland Hardware!!)

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Distantly related to "Bad Axe Tool Works"?

I REALLY wanted to make the comment of "Aaron the Axe murderer" But I don't know him that well, and was worried how he would take that joke!!!!

oldetoolworkshop

New User
Aaron

LOL, Hank don't worry, I was in the Navy and have a pretty thick skin which comes in handy when using hand tools ;-) . Jeff mentioned pictures of some of my creations. I will post some pics of some of my projects on this site when a get some more time. In the meantime you can check out my blog over here Olde Tool Workshop . I have pictures of lots of my projects in the Blog and on the mail page.

"Happy Shavings"
-Aaron

Last edited:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
What an axe collection! Anybody with that many axes must know how to use each one of them; I gotta make sure I treat Todd with the utmost respect......
Your shop is well laid out and appears to be your happy place. I too would enjoy seeing pics of your projects.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
LOL, Hank don't worry, I was in the Navy and have a pretty thick skin which comes in handy when using hand tools ;-) . Jeff mentioned pictures of some of my creations. I will post some pics of some of my projects on this site when a get some more time. In the meantime you can check out my blog over here Olde Tool Workshop . I have pictures of lots of my projects in the Blog and on the mail page.

"Happy Shavings"
-Aaron
...and comments from Will Meyers - I am impressed!

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Aaron, very nice space, I feel you, I work in about the same amount of space. Some times I wish for more space and then there are time when it's the best place in the world and I wouldn't have any other way.

oldetoolworkshop

New User
Aaron
Aaron, very nice space, I feel you, I work in about the same amount of space. Some times I wish for more space and then there are time when it's the best place in the world and I wouldn't have any other way.

Thanks GrayWolf! Yeah, the shop is only 10x12 and I believe for me it's about the perfect size. Sure it gets cramped sometimes (think split top Roubo workbench build) but I do love how it helps govern my tool obsession (ok maybe not the axes lol). If I had a larger shop it would be filled to the brim with tools that I don't "need". There is a certain Zen to a small well outfitted playspace. You can see how it has grown since 2012 that is in my first video. It was pretty sparse back then.

Blog: http://oldetoolworkshop.com/blog/
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXD6pOeh-6JLW6qzcOLk-mw

"Happy Shavings"
-Aaron

oldetoolworkshop

New User
Aaron
I'd like to thank everyone that watched my video and the kind words for my shop. These are very special places to us and I was glad to share my shop with you all. This forum is such a great resource for any woodworker!

Thanks again!
"Happy Shavings"
-Aaron

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Wow! I envy your organization and tidiness! There's not much of a difference between my shop and the inside of my dust collector barrel!
:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors