Worksharp WS3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
can you do lathe tools on this?

It's a great tool. Had mine about two months. Yes, you can do lathe tools on it. In fact, it has a unique slotted disc that allows you to "see through" the disk. That way, you can see your progress on gouges, etc.
If you want to come to Lake Gaston for a demo, I'd be glad to let you take it for a "spin":lol:.
Take care,

Rescue U

New User
DOM
The WorkSharp is great for flat tools, however I have found it difficult to sharpen my curved tools with the same accuracy as the flat tools. I will be making jigs to assist with the process, once I get some time on my hands. For now, I'll just keep my plane blades and chisels razor sharp.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
The WorkSharp is great for flat tools, however I have found it difficult to sharpen my curved tools with the same accuracy as the flat tools. I will be making jigs to assist with the process, once I get some time on my hands. For now, I'll just keep my plane blades and chisels razor sharp.

DOM, were you doing the gouges "freehand" or did you use the toolrest? You can reverse the toolrest, "upside down", and insert it under the disc to help hold curved tools at the correct angle. It works great for me....of course, I'm a newbie and have nothing else to compare it to:slap:.
Take care,

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Found the WS3000 at this link for Worksharp. Looks pretty good. :icon_thum

Got mine from there for $199:eusa_clap. Must have had a price increase:crybaby2:. I was at the WC store in Greensboro, on Monday, and they also had them for $199:icon_thum.
HTH

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Ain't it great!

Had mine about a month
Yes, it is.
It is refreshing to pay for a tool and find that it performs as advertised. I've been fighting this expenditure for months but after much research and not finding any negative comments from owners, I had to go for it.
I've only done chisels so far, but if it does as well on plane blades and turning tools I'll be ecstatic. I realize the turning tool part will depend more on my ability than the chisels, but I still have the grinder and Wolverine to fall back on, my primary issue has been my lack of consistency with stones, sandpaper and honing jigs. I simply cannot get a square edge, and it's time to admit defeat.
The Worksharp takes care of that and does it quickly.
I have a lot to do getting the backs flat on all my chisels, I am finding that takes much longer than the beveling part.

Hope this doesn't break any forum rules, but with the Woodnet 15% discount the WS3000 is $170 at Hartvilletools and there is free shipping during Oct. :icon_thum

I've been blaming my poorly edged chisels as the reason for my bad fitting hand cut dovetails. Now either that will be resolved or I'll have to find another excuse. :icon_scra

DaveO

New User
DaveO
It's Woodnet15 in the comments section of the order form. It will be taken off manually when your card is processed, but won't show up when you finish your order.
Dave:)

Rescue U

New User
DOM
Pappy J,

I have been going at it freehand, because I was not aware that I could mount the darn thing upside down. I guess I should have read the instructions a little further. :oops: I will attempt this process on Thurs., and report back.

Thanks!

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
Ya'll are not gonna talk me into another sharpening device. :eusa_whis

The mods should probably just go ahead and lock this thread now. :lol:

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Today the mailman dropped off a belated birthday gift from my wife. Last week she saw a Worksharp WS2000 at a local woodworking store in Des Moines Iowa, bought it and shipped it home. I set it up and wow, it worked great. It's similar to the WS3000 with some limitations on bevel angle, but I feehand most of my shaprening anyway. She said it was $106 with tax, they threw in shipping, not a bad deal. Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors