Working Wood in the 18th Century Conference

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Each year Colonial Williamsburg sponsors a woodworking conference. The deadline for registering is Jan 1 (Dec 16 if you want reduced pricing on lodging). I've attended the conference for several years now and find I always gain something from going. This year's conference is Jan 25-28, 2024. The description reads:

"Come celebrate Working Wood in the 18th Century 26th year with us as we dive head first into printed words and images: How did 18th century craftspeople turn them into actions and objects? How did craftspeople fill in the blanks left by what was unwritten or unillustrated? And how can the ink they left on paper inform our understanding of a past in which most craft knowledge was shared orally? Join tradespeople and scholars from Colonial Williamsburg and esteemed guest presenters, Christopher Schwarz, Dan Faia and Whitney Miller as they explore woodworking by the book ."

You can find more details, as well as the registration page, at this link.

BML

Lee
Senior User
Wish I could make this, but couldn’t get the time off work. Have wanted to go for years!

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Every year I think, "Well, maybe I won't go this year." Then, I get the invite, look at the topics and list of speakers, and change my tune. I really enjoy the conference and networking with others.

Hjanes

Harlan
User
I loved attending for about 20 years but arthritis keeps me home now. However, I can now enjoy the content via the on line access to the presentations, both live and any time later for a reasonable period of time. The fraternity is missed but the content remains available. And it doesn't cost a lot. If you can't attend, check out the on-line access.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS