Woodworking Equipment - (Raleigh) GONE

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Not mine, etc.

Woodworking Equipment - (Raleigh)

No pics. Not much detail:

Selling a very large and comprehensive collection of tools I have acquired over the years. Everything is in top notch, new and like new condition, (I am very organized and take very good care of my property) that I am putting up for sale. Most everything is under 2 years old, and was purchased new (have all receipts). All cabinetry, benches and hardware will be accompanying the sale of each individual collection. I can provide a purchase sheet if need be. Festool collection will be sold as one unit, as well as my Milwaukee collection. All heavy woodworking machinery ie: Bandsaw, SCMI shapers, Sawstop, Ritter boring machine, Ritter pocket cutter, face frame table, Laguna dust collection system and edge sander, Dynabrade sanding table will be sold individually or in bulk. Some machinery is 3 Phase, and some single Phase, please know what you have before purchase. All sales are finale. Loading dock is available for anyone picking up with own box/semi truck. I have a forklift on site. I have lots of sheet goods, veneers and hardwoods for purchase as well. By appointment ONLY. Email with any questions.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Straight out of the how not to sell stuff book. Seriously…🫡

Yup.

When are people going to realize they'll always get more for individual tools than if they sell them in lots?

If people like Milwaukee or Festool they probably already own some and don't want duplicates.

Echd

C
User
Yeah, that's the worst for sale ad I've ever seen. So I've got this stuff... it's a lot of expensive brands, it will only go as a lot... no, I'm not going to post pictures, that would make too much sense... also even though we're talking probably several tens of thousands for either a low end commercial setup or very nice home gamer setup, appointments only... oh, some of the machinery is 3 phase but it will be a surprise...

I'm not opposed to buying large lots, even with some redundancy, for a good deal. Like 50% off msrp or better good deal. But anyone who writes an ad like that in my experience thinks their used equipment is essentially "like new" and worth 95% of msrp. The fact it was acquired "over the years" but also a breath later almost all of it is under 2 years old is a tell too...

Billm0066

New User
Bill
Hey yall this guy was a scammer. I contacted him the first time he posted. I sent him my number and he text me back. I called and actually spoke to him. He knew wood working and all the different tools.

He said he lives in Anderson Heights (inside the beltline) and had a barn there. His wife wanted to change his shop to a place where they can store cars they collect and race. His wife is a social media influencer (cosplay and anime) and they are very cautious about their security. Their property is gated and they have 7 dogs on site. They also own a condo in NYC and a home in Napa. He owns 300 homes around texas. Hes in commercial lending and crypto. He said his wife was in charge and would decide to how to sell all this. He said he had a loading dock and forklifts on site. If anyone knows Anderson Heights you know he's full of sh*t haha.

Later he text me saying he would take $200 deposits via google pay for tools to hold until he was back in town. This guy is worth literally tens of millions and hes taking deposits for tools. Yeah ok

He's using a VOIP because there was a delay when talking. It's a 669 number. He was super nice and knew his stuff. No foreign accent so he's definitely in the states but definitely a scammer.

Billm0066

New User
Bill
His pricing from text. All very attractive to get people excited.

I've got 1 unit of Pre-finished Maple 2-sided 3/4
It's 45 sheets
1 unit of 1/2 2-sided Maple 50 sheets
Maple is imported and I had to special order it.
2 units of Pre-finished Birch 18mm 2- sided, one has 36 sheets, the other 50 sheets.
1 unit of 1/2 Pre-finished Birch, 2-sided 40 sheets
10 sheets of 1/4 Pre-finished single sided
Birch is domestic

Baltic Birch:

(29) 3/4" 4x8 B/BB grade

(50) 3/4" 4x8 BB/BB

(37) 5/8" drawer material sheets

(31) 1/2" 4x8 BB grade

(25) 14" 4x8

Maple:

(75) 3/4" 4x8 mixed A & B grade

(51) 1/2" 4x8 mixed grade

(44) 1/4 assorted

Also have about 60 sheets of 3/4 4x8 Walnut, 89 sheets of Red Oak 3/4, 30 sheets of White Oak 3/4, 45 sheets of Hickory,

Festool:

Festool 574616 CONTURO KS 65 Plus Set Edge Bander $2,000.00
Festool 574432 Domino Joiner DF 500 Q $500.00
Festool 495315 MFT/3: I have 3 tables total $300.00 each for the basic, or $400.00 for the MFT/3. Buy all 3 for $800.00
Festool 576490 TID 18 Impact Driver and PDC 18 Drill Driver 4.0Ah Combo Kit $300.00
Festool 575306 Kapex Sliding Compound Miter Saw KS 120 REB $800.00
Festool 577748 TSV 60 Plunge Cut Saw with Scoring Blade w/ guide rail (Brand New) 700.00
Festool 576726 Plunge Cut Saw TS 60 KEB F Plus (Brand New) 600.00
Festool 576868 CXS 12 2.5 Plus Cordless Drill $150.00
Festool 576213 of 1400 EQ F Plus Router $350.00
Festool 576239 MFK 700 EQ Modular Trim Router Set $325.00
Festool 576223 OF 2200 EB F Plus Plunge Router $500.00
Festool 576922 OF 1010 REQ F Plus Router $275.00
Festool 576761 ct 48 E AC HEPA Dust Extractor $500.00
Festool 577664 Cordless Track Saw TSC 55 5.0 KEBI F Plus FS $300.00
Festool 576834 Edge Trimming Set KB KA 65 $300.00
Festool 576346 Rectangular Orbital Sander RTSC 400 $200.00
Festool 576339 ETS EC 150/5 EQ Plus $300.00

I have 15 extra Systainers of varies sizes as well, all filled with Festool accessories.

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Wow! Thanks for sharing. Nothing lower than scammers. That’s why I tip my hat to the people who setup this site and the things they do to keep it safe.

@Martin Roper I love the deals you post…I know you will be a bit more cautious after this one but don’t stop.😉

Echd

C
User
It's always interesting when you see a scammer put effort into a scam like that. I guess when the payoff is so good and it's almost entirely impossible to prosecute (scammer lives far away, positive identification is unlikely, method of payment will be electronic in a way that has limited or zero recourse) its worth working it.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
This Ted Talk is a few years old now, but I always get a kick out of watching. I mean, haven't we all wanted to see what would happen if we actually replied to one of those emails!? Enjoy.

Billm0066

New User
Bill
Nothing in that ad screamed "scam." It's up to the potential buyer to contact the seller and do his or her due diligence and use common sense as Bill did.
very true. I mean I spoke to the person on the phone. He was knowledgable, trustworthy, but he slipped up a bit when I asked him about Anderson Heights. That threw it off, then when he asked for a deposit I knew it was a scam. Im sure he got some people out of money. He went a little over the top in his story. If anyone wants his number to mess him with him feel free to dm me.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
I wouldn't even try to contact them. No need to put yourself on the scammers radar, unless you are using an AI bot. 🤪

Regardless of this scam ad, one should think twice on anything like this, in the futire. I know we all like a good deal on tools, but when it's "too good to be true" & especially when they ask for a deposit... Well...
One might pay more than the tool, new.

Anywho... Good catch and glad no one was scammed.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS