Woodcraft common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Thanks to someone who shall remain nameless (that'd be Tommy) I ordered the Kreg bench clamp from Woodcraft, using the $10 off/ free shipping code. Of course, I needed a filler, and someone suggested the $5 tenon saw. The clamp is great, but the saw left a little to be desired. Apart from being dull, the top showed signs of wear, scratches on the blade, and the tip was slightly bent. Rather than returning it, I e-mailed Woodcraft and suggested I toss it in the trash exchange for a $5 gift card. Their reply: "That's a great idea, thank you for your common sense".

I don't know why, but that just made my day. Nice to see common sense prevail here. Happy customer, no wasting time and money shipping a damaged item, etc. Of course, now I have to go to Woodcraft and spend that $5, and probably a little more to get what I want, but hey - that's STILL good :) :tool:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'll pay you for shipping the saw to me to keep it out of the trash.

I need more sharpening practice.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Sounds like some one else didn't like that saw either. But Woodcraft sent it to you, just in case you didn't care. I think it is dishonest for a retailer to sell merchandise that has been returned, as new. Anytime I'm in a place of business, and the box looks like it has been opened, I won't buy it. They don't pay me for my time doing returns that they shouldn't have sold in the first place.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I reckon most al of us have had similar experiences. I bought a $20 heat gun at Northern Tool that didn't work right. No problem, they replaced it on the spot. Bought a new freezer at Lowes, but it didn't frizz--no problem, they replaced it on the spot. Bought my wife a new laptop at an office supply store that will rmain nameless (rhymes with repo). 2nd time she went to use it she notices a dark circle in the corner of the s creen. She called and talked to someone, (male) who informed her she had damaged it, hadn't purchased their extended guarantee, said goodbye and hung up. :gar-Cr We don't shop at office supply stores that rhyme with repo anymore. Bought her another one at WMart. And, always, if the package is open, all the parts just ain't there. But there's something else needs to be said, does it seem like a lot of the stuff on the market today is defective?:dontknow:

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I'll have to say, I hear many good stories about Woodcraft customer service.

Which says they want our business.

I think some might be missing the real tragedy in all this. Bas no longer has a tenon saw and will be unable to make tenons!!!

Oh the sad life of empty mortises.......

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors