Wood Sales By Bluthart

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Has any of the staff had any contact with Brian in reference to his wood sales in the classified ads. If not, I think it is time that I speak with him as there is a chance he is buying wood and selling, instead of selling off what he has had stored for years. He is currently advertising sapeele cheaper than it can be bought at wholesale prices for 1000 BF or more.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Not sure we resolved this in the original thread.

As he's not a commercial supplier, I'd come down in favor of leaving the ad stand.

If buying cheap and selling for extra pocket money is frowned upon, then I'd suggest we add something to the policy.

Jim

TracyP

Tracy
I guess I should clarify my thoughts: During the first Charlotte Shop Crawl, Brian sold a lot of lumber and stated that he had collected it for years and then realized he had way too much. He stated that friends had his wood stored in their garages, etc. He has since had a family change; a kid and a wife. He stated that these are the reasons that he is forced to sell his wood collection, in addition to his friends need their garages back. If this is still the case, then my thoughts are to let his ads continue. If in fact he is buying wood to sell, then he is in the commercial member status and should be held to the paid advertiser standards in the interest of fairness to our other paying members. I am going to wait on the majority of the staff to weigh in before I contact Brian. I have no problem making contact with Brian whichever way this goes as he is a stand up citizen and he will abide with whatever we decide is the fair way.

M

McRabbet

I was under the impression that you were going to contact him since you knew him personally -- see this post in the thread from a few weeks ago when he first posted his wood for sale in the Classified Ads...

TracyP

Tracy
I was under the impression that you were going to contact him since you knew him personally -- see this post in the thread from a few weeks ago when he first posted his wood for sale in the Classified Ads...

Yeah I was, then the discussion ensued and I said I was going to let the discussion play out. Then I fell in the streets of Atlanta and got knocked unconscious just prior to my glasses getting ran over, :XXfridge:. I have been to the eye Doc. and have some new eyes and didn't get ran over. So.... I will call Brian this weekend. Thanks for listening to my little poor me story. It really happened though. Been a long couple of weeks. Sorry I dropped the ball:3dblob3:.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Yeah I was, then the discussion ensued and I said I was going to let the discussion play out. Then I fell in the streets of Atlanta and got knocked unconscious just prior to my glasses getting ran over, :XXfridge:. I have been to the eye Doc. and have some new eyes and didn't get ran over. So.... I will call Brian this weekend. Thanks for listening to my little poor me story. It really happened though. Been a long couple of weeks. Sorry I dropped the ball:3dblob3:.

Dude, what happened????? You get mugged or something????

TracyP

Tracy
Moral is look in front of you when stepping off of a curb that is twice as high as NC curbs. Don't look at the guys behind you that are trying to throw their buddy off of the bridge.:nah::nah:. Fell flat on my face and got my bell rang really good. They grabbed me out of the road just before my glasses got ran over:XXfridge::XXfridge:.

M

McRabbet

Sorry you had a rough tumble, my friend (same thing happened to my wife 2 years ago at my brothers and she had to have a knee replaced) -- no harm done in the delay -- let us know his thoughts. Hope you are back to 100% soon.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I hate you got hurt, but it is better than my initial reaction that you got mugged.

I am super clumsy and have done more damage to not paying attention than I care to admit.

Just glad the damage is not as bad as it could have been.

Heal well and heal fast.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Ouch, Tracy!
I'm a renowned klutz too :BangHead:
My 86 year old FIL fell in bank parking lot yesterday and broke his ankle in two places. He's pretty tough, but it will take a while to get over this one.

Be careful out there folks :eusa_naug

Oops, back to your regularly scheduled topic!

Roger

TracyP

Tracy
OK, Back on task. I sent Brian a really nice detailed PM this morning. He is probably on duty as he has not responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors