wood on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddler

New User
Todd
I know it's tough to buy wood from a picture, but I'm looking for a quilted or figured piece of something dark that's 5/4 x 21 x 6.5 to bookmatch into a guitar top. The bookmatch will actually have a 2" neck line between the two sides or I'd need 7.5"

I was thinking curly black walnut would look nice and then I saw this:
eBay: Super Wild Flame/Quilted Redwood Luthier Blank RW17-RB (item 190092217444 end time Mar-17-07 20:42:36 PDT)

Bad idea? Worth bidding it to $60 or 70? More? I have to figure it cost me $15 just to drive out to Raleigh and look.

Todd

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
Check out Curly Woods web site. They are in Texas. I bought some QS sycamore from them and it is beautiful. They shipped fast and the price was reasonable and they do carry guitar woods.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Kyle has (or had) some of that.
I bought a good sized slab from him just because it looked so cool.
Just haven't figured out what I want to use it for yet.

pete

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Todd also check Nice Figures Nice Figures in Chapel Hill. They specialize in figured woods, and should be closer to you.
It is always better to buy wood in person than on E-bay. Pictures can be very misleading.

Dave:)

dozer

Mike
You can also give Roger a call at East Wake Hardwoods. If he doesn't have it in stock he can get it plus you get 10% off.....

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Todd...definately ping Kyle about the redwood! That piece is quite figured, but I do believe that a decent amount of curl is pretty common with redwood. I know Kyle has had some nice redwood for a while and I guarantee you will get a GREAT price from him. Also, redwood is oddly light, so shipping would not be too extreme, either........

chris

dtomasch

New User
David
I've ordered two pieces of wood from ebay. The first, from Bell Forest Products, a piece of B.E. Maple was great. The second was nothing more than shop scraps that were marketed as "figured walnut". Probably wont buy again from ebay. Although, I am saying nothing negative of Bell Forest Products, and would recommend them if you do decide to go ebaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS