Wood Cross Sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorick

New User
Keith
I am trying to find a source for round wood slices approx. 14" diameter or larger and preferable 8/4. My goal is to use them as cheese boards and the more rustic the better. If you have any suggestions or advise please let me know.

K

DavidF

New User
David
I am trying to find a source for round wood slices approx. 14" diameter or larger and preferable 8/4. My goal is to use them as cheese boards and the more rustic the better. If you have any suggestions or advise please let me know.

K

You probably don't want to be looking for just slices through a tree, the cracking and warping would be a killer.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Keith, have you thought about making your own? Not much different then making a cutting board except round. You can joint pieces of the same type of wood or mix different woods to make each one unique.

yorick

New User
Keith
I was worried about the warping, but I have seen numerous tables and other decorative pieces made out of slabs. I want some thing very rustic with the bark on the outside. Closer to the root section would be even better.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
My neighbor is clearing out a few trees, and I will see what I can come up with. I'll have to measure them to see what the diameters are. He has promised me some lengths of red maple (southern), wild black cherry and gum. May be able to come up with a little Black walnut in the future, but we only harvest those when the wind blows one down, as we are trying to get our collective back properties back to the indigenous species. When I get them I will end seal them and if its what you want, I will cut some 3" rounds, seal them, and then the rest is up to you. If you want to try loblolly pine, how much do you want!! (just kidding - the bark doesn't stay on it well)

Go

yorick

New User
Keith
Thanks for the help with this one. I was hoping to aquire 6-8 rounds but could settle for 3-4. The bigger the better as for the diameter. Something the size of a serving tray or better. Thanks again and let me know what I owe ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS