Wood Bending Workshop- Raleigh - October 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be bending some more wood in my shop on Saturday October 4. If you would like to learn or just have a laugh, stop by and enjoy - at the very least you will be feed.

This time I will be bending 2" x 3/8" red oak to make a toboggan for my grandchildren who live in the frozen north. I will be demonstrating the right way and sometimes the wrong way to do this - come and you can figure out which is right. At the very least you might get your hands burned a bit, eat some marginal food and meet some new friends - Let me know.

Life is Good - enjoy

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
yes, but will my new shooting plane have arrived yet? :eek:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hmmm! This may be worth a trip to Raleigh. I'll see if any others want to pile in the truck w/ me for the trip.

Come on down, plenty of room. Brats and sauerkraut will be on the table and yes I will find some sweet tea

Thav

New User
Tony
Are you planning in the morning or afternoon? I usually have to work around my son's nap schedule (1-3, I'm lucky it's still so long), but would love to attend.

For some reason I'm guessing not brats for breakfast?

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Are you planning in the morning or afternoon? I usually have to work around my son's nap schedule (1-3, I'm lucky it's still so long), but would love to attend.

For some reason I'm guessing not brats for breakfast?

Please come and go as you must - that is quite ok. We will start the class between 9 and 10, depending on where everybody is coming from, and we will wrap up about 2 or 3 or so.
Relaxed and informal is the key, but everybody will learn something new

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I'd love to attend this but have another event scheduled that day. I'm sure everyone attending will learn a lot.

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
I'd like to attend. I may have guests that would preclude my attending. It's on my calendar. I will let you know when I know exactly what my plans are. Thanks for the invite.

Don

Rick M

New User
Rick
I really want to attend. It's on my calendar, hopefully nothing else comes up. I guess we message Phil for the address?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Count me in, but I don't really need the address. I'll just look for the trailer. Been there once or twice.

Volksdad

New User
Glen
If you can stand my company once more, I'd like to be there and properly demonstrate how to singe your fingers.

Rick M

New User
Rick
Thanks for hosting Phil. It was good to see everyone and this definitely inspires me to try some wood bending.

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
Second on the thanks for hosting, Phil. It was good to meet some NCWW folks in the flesh. I learned a lot about bending wood and would't hesitate to give it a go on a real project. I was good to see what doesn't work as well! As a bonus, the food was excellent, too.

Thanks for welcoming me into the group.

Don

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for hosting. Although I didn't participate much I watched and learned a lot. I made it here with the trailer so it'll be ready for Scott to pick up Thursday before the Extravaganza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS