WNCWA Support Asheville Hardware Open House

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

The Western NC Woodworkers Association were invited to participate in an Open House at the new Asheville Hardware store on Saturday, April 5th. Several other area groups had their members displaying at the Open House, including the world class Carolina Mountain Woodturners, the Southern Highlands Craft Guild and the Western NC Carvers.

We had several members bring examples of their work and it was a good opportunity to help a new "brick & mortar" woodworking store continue their first year with great success. We were set up in their new classroom and shop area -- filled with excellent equipment and 10 new European work benches for classes that start later this month.

Dan Campbell (dancam) and Randy Osborne (ozzie-x) getting our table set up:
100_4606.jpg

WNCWA members chat before the crowds arrive. (L. to R.) are Bob Shuford (Bumout Bob), Randy Osborne (ozzie-x), Phil Edgerton, Bob Catterfeld, John Fenwick and Jim Davis.
100_4612.jpg

Randy Osborne details the use of flexible sole planes to make curved rails and arches for furniture to a visitor as Phil Edgerton looks on. Randy designed and made the beautiful walnut Arts & Crafts nightstand shown here -- one of a pair he did this year.
100_4613.jpg

This beautiful chip-carved top on a keepsake box he made features a picture of Phil Edgerton's Mom.
100_4611.jpg

We had lots of youngsters through the club area -- here, Bob Catterfeld explains Phil Edgerton's Tongue Drum to the delight of this little beauty as her expectant Mom looks on.
100_4614.jpg

We had a succesful day with many area woodworkers stopping by and expressing interest in joining our club. It was fun for all of us and we hope our support for Asheville Hardware will help them continue to grow and prosper! :biggrin:

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Thanks for the pics. I visited AHW in Jan. and felt they were on the way to being something special. Good to see what's happening even though I'm a couple of hundred miles away. Looks like yoiui all had a great day all around.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Thanks for the pictures Rob. I'm looking forward to stopping in the store when I get out there on a visit, hopefully later this year.

Jimmy:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Now that's a win win assemblage :eusa_danc
Thanks for posting the pixs Rob. Apparently WNCWA put on quite a show :thumbsup:

BTW Randy, you need to post more pixs of your woodworking prowess :week:

Roger

b4man

New User
Barbara
Excellent Rob! It looks like everyone had a good time and no doubt helped AH too. I can't wait to get up there for a visit myself.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
It was a fun day. I enjoyed demonstrating the circular planes, most people have never seen one, let alone know how to use them, so it was soemthing interesting. The turners, carvers and others that were there demonstrating were also very interesting. It's nice having a brick and mortar store in Asheville so you can run by and pick up something rather than having to order it. I think it was a good day for the Asheville Hardware folks, and also good for our WNC Woodworkers Association. I believe several people signed up for WNCWA and several others are planning to attend the next meeting. :icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS