WNC Woodworkers August Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
We tentatively had the August monthly meeting set for August 12 at Cormark Int'l, however the folks at Cormark cannot accommodate us on the 12th. So, the alternate plan is to have the August WNCWA meeting at the Blue Ridge Tool Collectors show on August 5th in Micaville near Burnsville. I’ll include the flyer for the Blue Ridge Tool Collector show below and it includes directions (I’ll also change some of the funky formatting and fonts so it will hopefully display better). The show begins roughly at 8:00 AM so feel free to come any time. We will have an “official” WNCWA call to order around 1:00 PM to discuss business and other topics. The program will be related to old tools; there will be several old tool and woodworking “experts” at the show, so we may ask some of them to speak to the group. I didn’t include it in the public flyer, but there will be free drinks and hot dogs (maybe hamburgers too). If anyone has questions, feel free to PM me.

**********************************************​

¨ 2nd ANNUAL ¨

BLUE RIDGE
TOOL COLLECTORS
TRADE SHOW
BUY-SELL-TRADE
8:00 AM UNTIL…
AUGUST 5, 2006
MICAVILLE, N.C.
(NEAR BURNSVILLE, N.C.)
STANLEY - SARGENT – UNION
MILLERS FALLS - KEEN KUTTER
TRUE TEMPER - BLUEGRASSWINCHESTER

¨ FREE – NO ADMISSION ¨

LEADING TOOL COLLECTORS THROUGHOUT THE AREA WILL MEET AND HAVE MANY TRADE TABLES WITH LOTS OF ANTIQUE & COLLECTIBLE TOOLS FOR SALE AND TRADE. WOOD PLANES, CHISELS, SAWS, MEASURING & MARKING TOOLS, AXES, HAMMERS, DRAW KNIVES, WRENCHES, MECHANICS TOOLS, PRIMITIVES. MANY RARE AND HARD TO FIND AND COLLECTIBLE TOOLS, PLUS MANY USER TOOLS. PUBLIC IS WELCOME, BRING YOUR OLD TOOLS TO SELL, TRADE OR APPRAISE. COLLECTORS WELCOME, BRING YOUR TABLES AND OLD TOOLS TO SET-UP. THIS WILL BE THE LEADING ANTIQUE TOOL SHOW OF THE YEAR IN WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA, SO IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN OLD TOOLS, THIS IS AN EVENT YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS.

DIRECTIONS: MEETING WILL BE HELD OUTSIDE UNDER THE TREES ON SPAR MILL ROAD OFF HWY 80 IN MICAVILLE. DIRECTIONAL SIGNS WILL BE POSTED ALONG THE HIGHWAYS FROM ALL DRIVING DIRECTIONS. FROM THE BURNSVILLE OR SPRUCE PINE DIRECTION, TAKE HWY 19 TO HWY 80 SOUTH AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS. FROM THE MARION DIRECTION, TAKE HWY 70 TO HWY 80 NORTH AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS, OR HWY 221 TO HWY 194 WEST TO HWY 19E SOUTH TO HWY 80 SOUTH AND FOLLOW THE SIGNS.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL: TIM EVERETTE 910-740-3617 –OR-
RANDY OSBORNE 828-279-4993

M

McRabbet

Bump!

We will look forward to seeing as many as can come for this special session of the new Western NC Woodworkers Association! Make sure you come early to take advantage of the Tool Trade Show and be sure to stay for our meeting at 1:00 PM somewhere on the grounds. We'll prepare a few signs to show where we will meet. As a suggestion, you might want to bring a folding chair and a cool drink or two (we'll bring some sodas and snacks as usual). If you haven't paid your dues yet, that'd be appreciated, too!

See you in Micaville!

Rob

M

McRabbet

Re-bump!! Hope to see many of you in the cooler mountains this weekend. I'm looking forward to the Trade Show and hope to find a few goodies while there.

Rob

eddie joe

New User
edd
While you are in the area the Mt Mitchell craft fair is being held on the square in Burnsville. It is a very big event here in the mountains.. The have a shuttle bus if parking is a problem. Worth checking out.

Edd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS