Wine rack cabinet-WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
SketchUp design to the shop! This was originally a prototype for a better wood species, but the more that I played with it the better that I liked it (it's select EWP from a BORG).

First and foremost, many thanks to McRabbet for his comments, critique of the design, and guidance on some of the "how to do it" details.

The doors have "Soss" invisible hinges. They'll be outfitted with either stained glass or frosted glass, but LOML and her friend, Lisa, will determine and construct that before the doors are mounted.

new_wine_cabinet_1.jpg

new_wine_cabinet_2.jpg

new_wine_cabinet_3.jpg

new_wine_cabinet_4.jpg

Finishing has been a mix of gel stain, pigment stain, and sprayed dye. Lots of new stuff for an experiment. :icon_scra

M

McRabbet

Nice job, Jeff. I was more than happy to help you with a number of aspects and appreciate your thanks. And I must say that it sure came out nicely. You could make this same unit without the doors and their stops, and it would still be an outstanding piece. Considering the "prototype" wood you used, it came out very nicely with the finish you used. Job well done.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Really nice looking piece there. You said you started with a sketchup design. Would you be willing to share it? I'm looking for ideas for a combination bookcase / wine rack for my niece's kitchen / dining area. She's getting married in November and I need to come up with a wedding gift.

- Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors