Windsor Chair Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Some times its slow and other times its busy. Within a week I had one order for 8 chairs then 2 more then came 4 more. Lots of chairs and lots of parts.

The good news is the style on all 14 are the same: bowback chairs for a table or tables. The only difference in the style is the leg pattern. As you might notice the one on the left is baluster style known commonly as the New York leg and the one on the right is the bamboo style.

Looking at the chairs for a minute, you can begin to get an idea about parts and drilling.
The inventory on this chair is:
11 spindles - 22 holes
1 bow hoop - 2 holes in the seat
4 legs - 4 seat holes and 4 stretcher holes
2 stretchers - 2 holes in side stretchers

OK you can see its a bunch of drill work after you carve the seat and turn the legs and stretchers.

I only have 8 more chairs to go so.... 240 holes, 32 legs, 88 spindles on and on

Guess I need to get back to work and quit counting.

later

chairs_bows_011.JPG

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Nice chairs, but I'm more interested in that Clausing vertical mill peeking into the frame!

If you can find one, they are easy to break down and transport. Depending on the condition, they can be a shop tool that will you will find lots of uses for other than boring.

I need to have the Clausing for the rifle building I do. Some of the drilling on the locks and triggers gets fairly close. Now that I keep it in the shop, I rarely use my drill press so its in the garage now.

DSC05951.JPG

cap_and_edge.jpg

8_apr_cadets_140.jpg

8_apr_cadets_124.jpg

8_apr_cadets_123.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS