wilmington/wallace area handplanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben325e

New User
Ben
Hey guys, I've really been wanting to learn how to use handtools, and a recent death in the family has made me realize that there's no time like the present. I have a small set of the blue Irwin/Marples chisels, a cheap dovetail saw that's good enough to learn on, and a few other beginner hand tools, but no planes but Jack plane with a broken adjustment.

If anyone in the Wallace, Burgaw or wilmington area has any planes that they could part with for a fair price, I will be in town today and tomorrow (Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th). I am open to planes in working order or those that need a liberal application of elbow grease. Ill need a blockplane or two, a smoother, something to flatten boards, and just any plane which would fit in the needs of a beginner looking to do Neanderthal style electricity free woodworking.

Please feel free to respond in the thread or give me a ring at nine one zero - five four zero - zero two four four.

Thanks,

Ben Rivenbark

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Ben, if you're ever in Wallace on a Thursday, go out to the flea market at the old stockyards, north of town. When my parents lived there I used to go every chance I got, and picked up a few user tools. Prices weren't too bad, as I recall.

Someday we'll have to compare notes on family history. Rivenbarks are in my family's past.

Bill

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Ben,

Second the flea market at the Stockyard in Wallace on Thursday. Sometimes you can get a fair plane there. I have bought one or two there.

I am from the Wallace area and have a few planes (one that was my father's) but you can't have them. :gar-La; Just kidding. I need to get them tuned up and use them more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS