WILM Luncheon & Conference Sept. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Yep, it's that time again. On Monday from around noon until 4pm, I'll be visiting your fair city. :mrgreen:

Since the Mayor may not be available, thought I'd see if anyone else wanted to meet for lunch, wood chat, shop tours, etc. :lol:

Cheerfully rendered,
Roger

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Normally I would jump at the opportunity for lunch, but since we would just be the consolation prize (Ol' Spence being your first choice) - forget it :eusa_snoo

I play second fiddle to no man!:eusa_naug

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
In that case, I'll have the filet! :tongue1:

Seriously, I will see if I can round up any of the usual suspects.:icon_thum

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
Roger,

I will be meeting Mike on my way to John's class on Saturday. If you get the wood stove? I can throw it in the back of the Beast.

John

sapwood

New User
Roger
In that case, I'll have the filet! :tongue1:

Matt, guess that means we're eating at Chick-Filet :slap:

Welcome aboard Skeeter :mrgreen:

Thanks John, I'm sure the Beast can handle it and I don't have anyplace to store the woodstove :roll: We plan on picking it up from Dolan when we return Monday evening. I may leave it on the truck under a tarp prior to hooking up with you. I'm not sure LOML wants to unload and reload a 200-300 lb stove :lol:

BTW Wilmingtonians, caught the end of something on PBS last nite about Cape Fear River Wood. Guys had a floating, reclamation wood mill. The wood was $9 square foot. What's going on? Looked like a cool setup :cool:

Roger

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Hey Roger, Chick-Filet is ok with me. You may insult me by wanting to dine with the mayor instead of me :roll:, but not with where we dine. HAH!

Cape Fear River Wood - http://www.capefearriverwood.com/

Haven't been by their shop, but I have seen some of their wood. Very cool. They are salvaging old heart pine that sank in the Cape Fear River "back in the day". If you want to go by, I can direct you to where they are.

See ya Monday. Where do you want to dine? What are you in the mood for? Chicken perhaps?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Matt, thanks for that link. It was some very interesting reading. I'll have to stop by their show room next time I'm in town.
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
See ya Monday. Where do you want to dine? What are you in the mood for? Chicken perhaps?

:eusa_thin Man, that's a tough question. Anyplace is ok as long as it's SEAFOOD!
Dolan may be coming with Mike's woodstove aboard his truck. Perhaps he or Skeeter will have some input. Dockside is fine, but it may be time for a change . . . perhaps the place next to Dockside??? High noon for time.

Thanks for the link about Riverwood. That would be a cool place to check out. The website included a nice CD rack project.

curverack2.jpg

Awaiting suggestions and :eusa_praying for Tar Heels today,
Roger

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hey guys! I don't remember what is next door to Dockside. Fish House Grill and Bridgetender are right down the street. Dockside is great with me for one more trip, then maybe we can change when the weather turns cooler.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
The first pony on the "NC Woodworker Pony Express" is loaded and ready for the first leg of the Wood Heater transfer on Monday.:eusa_danc

Where are we going to eat?:kermit:

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hey Splinter! Did you get your splines cut? If not, bring stock and we can run it thru my drum sander..

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Thanks for the offer Skeeter. I got them cut on the TS and then did a little hand sanding. I was just messing with some scraps trying to learn something about box making. I learned I have a LOT to learn. :lol:

I was using some scraps of redwood that someone gave me years ago. I learned that is NOT a good wood to use to make mitre spline with. To soft and brittle and it swelled so quit when I put the glue on it I couldn't get the spline in the slot to put the box together.

See you Monday. Have we decided where we are meeting/eating? :eusa_thin

sapwood

New User
Roger
Lacking other suggestions/responses and considering tomorrow is Monday, let's stick with Dockside for lunch. We can make future restaurant picks the focus of conversation :lol:

So, same place, same time :eusa_shhh
Dockside at 12:00 noon on Monday the 11th.
Skeeter I'll PM you my cell number. Matt and Splinter should have it.

And don't forget, we would love to have other attendees. Be there :cool:

Dreaming of "catch of the day"
Roger

M

McRabbet

I'd love to join you all, but 7 hours driving time each way is just a little out of my daily range for a good lunch... Besides, I've already got a golf date for tomorrow....:lol:

Rob

Matt

New User
Matt Willis
Yeah, but 7 hours to dine with us is really a small price to pay. Have fun golfing though.

See the rest of you boys at noon.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Thanks to all the Wilmingtonians for a great Monday :eusa_clap
The lunch bunch included Matt, Dolan, Charles, Gillie, and myself. Dolan brought 300 lb Black Bart, Matt brought Gillie, and Gillie brought his engaging personality and stories. Charles brought me back to his beautiful home and shop for a complete tour. The photos in the gallery really don't do justice to the furniture he has produced. The oak tree theme used in bedroom furniture really stands out. Here's a reminder from his gallery:

MissionChest03.jpg

Thanks to all for the hospitality,
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS