will tormek planer blade jig fit grizzly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've never run across a Tormek Accessory that won't fit on the Grizzly Wet Grinders. They use the same mounting system.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
The Tormek and Grizzly grinders all use a 12mm mounting bar. Like Ken, I haven't found any of the Tormek accessories that don't fit on the Grizzly grinder, and vice versa.

fmac

New User
JER
I was hoping so. I know that the tormek planer jig uses its own set of 12mm rods to attach and didnot know if the center to center spacing was the same. I am finishing up a bus sign display case and I usually request payment in something I can use. The planer jig would be a nice piece.

thanks fmac

fmac

New User
JER
update on tormrek and grizzly compatibility. After awhile of research here is what I found. The tormek planer jig will not work on the grizzly due to fact that tormek jig has its own two 12mm mounting bars and they are a different spacing apart. all tormek jigs using the 12mm bar will work on the grizzly since they use the grizzly support. The grizzly was designed by Scheppach of Germany and the grizzly is an copy of their tiger 2500. The planer jig grizzly sells for their sharpener is identical to scheppach's planer jig. This came from scheppach. If you want to really get involved you can drill and relocate one of the vertical mounts on the grizzly or cut off and reposition one of the 12mm supports of the tormek. I have decided to go with the grizzly. If you translate the cost of euros to dollars and the shipping involved the grizzly price is almost identical. That,s a mouth full.

FMAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS