Wildwood Timbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member

Here is a look at a sign I am doing for my son, Cody, and his business. Cody is a Senior at Western Alamance High School and has been accepted to NC State in their Ornimentals and Landscape Technologies program at the Ag Institute. This will be his 2nd year with his business, doing lawncare and landscape, and during the winter cutting firewood. The sign is double sided, red oak, with an oil stain and 4 coats of spar varnish. MIL gave me a router template set for Christmas. Tree and "&" were outlined with carbon paper and cut out with a Drimel tool.

100_10281.JPG

View image in gallery

Thanks for looking,​

Duane​

PChristy

New User
Phillip
:icon_thum Nice job Duane and comgratulations to your son for being excepted into NCSate:eusa_clap

Glennbear

Glenn
Nicely done Duane, you must be quite proud of your ambitious son. Having his own business while still in high school and college acceptance are great acommplishments. :eusa_clap Which template set did you use ? I use a Milescraft set and find it a bit persnickety at times. :wsmile:

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
Yes, I also have the Milescraft Pro set and it is a bit of a challenge at times, especially with a bord this wide and tall not allowing the template to be edge clamped. It was a learning experience and I am sure future signs will be easier. Depth of cut on the letters is something I will adjust in the future and not cut as deep.

Thanks,

Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors