Why do we have User Privlege Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Ethan, please, please, please :help::notworthy::help::notworthy: proof read it. Any suggestions for added info that should be there would also be appreciated.

As as the cause or inspiration, that was just coincidence. Ethan and I have been looking at a bug/design flaw in the code that creates the user levels and the history of these levels provides a perspective into the error I made but don't want to fix until after BOD voting and raffle sales and picnics.

The actual inspiration is a thread about a shop crawl and why there were restrictions by privilege levels. Essentially, it was suggested that we had created a system whose parameters were arbitrary and didn't encourage newcomers to participate. So I just wanted to lay out why some things were done. The reality is, of course, is there some discouraging of newcomer participation. It is NOT a goal but an unintended consequence of a set of rules that were enacted to protect the corporation. I just wanted people to understand our intentions are good and not arbitrary. Like most things, we should review these policies and see if we can do better.

Nice job Steve, as always!

Now if u ned somone to pruf yur next poosting, i"ll be moore than wheeling to hep awt wit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS