Who said the Crazies have been quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
In two posts we go from emergency preparedness to defending oneself from govt......

Nothing too bad as of post #3.....

Jim

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Dragon says he doesn't want to make it political and then says in today's "politica/economic climate"??? What, why? Mikle's post was about hurricanes.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I made a comment in my reply about keeping it away from the political / anarchy comments. Hopefully it will work...

woodArtz

New User
Bob
FYI, I just received this PM...

"Is this the type of post we need? I was incensed at the post at the onset. I live 300 feet from the ICWW and work in the marine industry. I don't need to be reminded about Hurricanes nor do I need to know how many beenie-weenies to stock. Hurricane Is a extremely serious word for me.

Now I see this post digressing into a discussion about which militia to join. I hate the whole off topic forum. It appears to be the gathering spot for those who engage mouth before brain.

Thank you for listening,
"

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
This was the whole reason behind the discussion of closing the off topic forum.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
FYI, I just received this PM...

"Is this the type of post we need? I was incensed at the post at the onset. I live 300 feet from the ICWW and work in the marine industry. I don't need to be reminded about Hurricanes nor do I need to know how many beenie-weenies to stock. Hurricane Is a extremely serious word for me.

Now I see this post digressing into a discussion about which militia to join. I hate the whole off topic forum. It appears to be the gathering spot for those who engage mouth before brain.

Thank you for listening,
"

Sounds like this one really hit a nerve. That PM might be worded a bit too strong, but on the other hand the weather is not our intended focus. Since it has some survivalist / militia rhetoric to it, I can't see this doing anything but inflaming emotions. I'd suggest we close it before it goes any further in the wrong direction.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks, Tracy. I consider myself a Christian and an American. However, there can be only one adjective and one noun in those 2 descriptions. As much as I enjoy guns & shooting, I've yet to find a 'Christian Assault Rifle' & cannot get a gun dealer to tell give a good answer to the question, "What would Jesus shoot?"
Food for thought. I can say it on M & A but not 'out there'.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Anybody PMed Mike? From his last post I think he regretted the thread going south.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
A couple of thoughts:

This ain't woodworking

There have been some political replies, sort of.

As long as we have an Off Topic Forum, we WILL have posts like this. We just have to watch them closely.

A couple of great posts by the staff to attempt to put it back on track.

Actually some good info by Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS