Who needs/wants a furnace blower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
A friend had his furnace replaced yesterday and I asked him to have the HVAC guy remove the blower and save it for me. It is identical to the one in my air cleaner as shown in the pic. I don't need it since I have two others, so I am offering it to anyone who wants it, for a donation, the amount of which is up to you, to NCWW. It can be picked up in Chapel Hill or arrangements need to made to activate the NCWW Pony Express. If it is someone in the Triangle area, I might be able to meet you somewhere. Anyone interested?

filter2.jpg

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
A friend had his furnace replaced yesterday and I asked him to have the HVAC guy remove the blower and save it for me. It is identical to the one in my air cleaner as shown in the pic. I don't need it since I have two others, so I am offering it to anyone who wants it, for a donation, the amount of which is up to you, to NCWW. It can be picked up in Chapel Hill or arrangements need to made to activate the NCWW Pony Express. If it is someone in the Triangle area, I might be able to meet you somewhere. Anyone interested?

filter2.jpg

Stuart,

Is the plywood panel with the two handles on it, the cover for the fan and filters? Is it hinged and if so, why are the handles inside? The reason I ask is that I started making my homemade air cleaner today and saw yours and was curious about the panel.

Also do you have another filter on the exhaust side of the blower? How is yours working?

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Dolan, I think I am looking at the pic correctly that is a sliding door. If anyone esle comes up with an extra blower. I'd love to get one. Thanks, guys.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Dolan, I think I am looking at the pic correctly that is a sliding door. If anyone esle comes up with an extra blower. I'd love to get one. Thanks, guys.

Gary, you are correct. It is a sliding door. There is a single filter on the exhaust end, which is not shown in the pic, the sole purpose of which is to diffuse the exhausted air as it is returned to the room. Although the two filters in the pic are the same, I now use different filters in the two slots. The outer filter is one that costs about $15 and the inner one costs about $10. I have to occasionally change the outer filter but that one does such an effective job that I very seldom have to change the inner one. In fact, I don't think I have replaced that one but once in the 5 yrs I have used this. My original intention was to move the inner filter to the outer position and put a new filter in the inner position. However, I've found that by using a very effective filter on the outer position, this isn't necessary. The filter on the exhaust end is one of the cheap furnace filters and I haven't had to change that one either.

I wired this to a 12 hr timer switch from Lowe's for about $16. When I'm in the shop creating dust, it is in the always on position. When I leave the shop I switch it to the timer and let it run for 2 to 3 hrs.

Gary, if I run across another blower I'll let you know. I'll try to remember to call my HVAC contractor and ask him to save one for me. If I get it, it will be yours.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Thought I'd bump this one back to the top. My brother runs a HVAC company. I am always seeing blowers go onto the scrap metal trailer. If there is a demand for them I'll start pulling them out whenever I see them.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Matt, that's great. I'd be interested in one sometime in the near future, but need to get some other projects out of the way first.

Thanks for thinking of everyone! :icon_thum

Brian.

M

McRabbet

Thought I'd bump this one back to the top. My brother runs a HVAC company. I am always seeing blowers go onto the scrap metal trailer. If there is a demand for them I'll start pulling them out whenever I see them.
Matt, I'd be interested in one if you can get a multi-speed unit that runs on 110V. I live in the mountains, but I travel to Apex every month or so to see my daughter and could come get one during one of my trips. Thanks.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
I'll keep my eyes on the trailer and ask my brother to let me know when/if he has any. My shop is his shop so I'm out there as often as I can be.

I'll post them as I get them, and stock pile at my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS