White Oak Boards and Beams for sale

pinfisher

New User
Ginia
I have 56 boards that are roughly 2x10 x 16 feet in length.($4.50per board foot)

I have 2 very large beams, one is 13x15x20 ($2,500.00) the other is 9x10x18($600.00)

My husband and I inherited these beauties and were planning on using them but found a house that was already built and now do not need them.

Thank you

Last edited:

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
I need white oak boards for my son's eagle project. He is building outdoor benches at our church, would you this wood to go towards this project? I sent you a pm.

pinfisher

New User
Ginia
Any pictures…location?
The wood is in Graham NC in my sons garage. I will try to upload the pictures
I need white oak boards for my son's eagle project. He is building outdoor benches at our church, would you this wood to go towards this project? I sent you a pm.
I need white oak boards for my son's eagle project. He is building outdoor benches at our church, would you
I have 56 boards that are roughly 2x10 x 16 and 18 feet in length, a few that are 6x10x18 as well.

I have 2 very large beams, one is 12x14x20 the other is 9x10x18.

My husband and I inherited these beauties and were planning on using them but found a house that was already built and now do not need them. We have an idea of what they are worth but are interested in others thoughts.
Thank you
Any pictures…location?
Any pictures…location?

this wood to go towards this project? I sent you a pm.
Any pictures…location?
Any pictures…location?
it is in Graham NC in my sons garage

Attachments

• FD55870A-D66F-4218-A77D-F56184C0FE87.png
    FD55870A-D66F-4218-A77D-F56184C0FE87.png
    2 MB · Views: 341
  • 11927102-0468-4397-AA04-2C2D8457F718.jpeg
    11927102-0468-4397-AA04-2C2D8457F718.jpeg
    551.3 KB · Views: 325
  • F27068F1-17F2-42F3-A46D-BB50BF4EDA1D.png
    F27068F1-17F2-42F3-A46D-BB50BF4EDA1D.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 333

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Selling them all at once would be the preferred situation? As a potential buyer this is how I decide. I look for the current market price for white oak. GPS Hardwood is selling 8/4 or two inch thick white oak top quality with minimal knots for 9.50 a board foot. I know this wood is free of bugs, moisture content is correct etc. There are no surprises or hidden defects in that lumber, straight and flat pieces. And I can "cherry pick" the boards I want.

When buying from an individual, that normally is not the case. They want to sell them as a lot, take the good with the bad so to speak. Therefore the price must reflect that the possibility of not having usable wood in the sale. So asking what a good price for the lumber would be is gamble on both ends.

So using your measurements 56 boards at 2 inches thick x 10 inches wide x 18 feet long = approximately 1680 board foot (if I did the math right)

As a buyer I would then examine the wood and make a decision on how much I think its worth to me per bf then multiply that by approximate board foot. I calculate the driving distance, loading, unloading storage. That is a lot of wood!

So those are my thoughts, as I said before I am interested in the wood, perhaps a group buy from other members is an option, I don't need that much white oak, but I want it. LOL

pinfisher

New User
Ginia
I took a board over to Gibsonville hard wood and they helped me come up with a fair price.
I will be asking $5.50 per board ft for the boards and I will take bids on the beams .
Hope this sounds fair to you as well.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
If you don’t want people “cherry picking” a few boards, going threw the whole stack to look at the bottom ones. Then again I ask are you wanting to sell the wood as one complete transaction? If that is the case, the asking price will be approximately $8,000 - $8500 excluding the beams. That I cannot do.

Steve W

New User
Steve
Are you selling them all as one lot or would you go with smaller quantities? I'm also in Graham so this is attractive to me to purchase a couple of boards...

Thanks!

pinfisher

New User
Ginia
If you don’t want people “cherry picking” a few boards, going threw the whole stack to look at the bottom ones. Then again I ask are you wanting to sell the wood as one complete transaction? If that is the case, the asking price will be approximately $8,000 - $8500 excluding the beams. That I cannot do.
Hello Robert - I have edited my post on the white oak boards and beams and brought the price down .
Thanks,
Ginia

pinfisher

New User
Ginia
Are you selling them all as one lot or would you go with smaller quantities? I'm also in Graham so this is attractive to me to purchase a couple of boards...

Thanks!
Hello Steve, I have edited my post and brought the price down for the boards and beams. Let me know if you are still interested in some.

Thanks,
Ginia

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS