White-edged lilly puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PamH

New User
Pam
Cathy,
That is beautiful! If you don't mind, I've got a "puzzle-type" question for you. I've scrolled out a hanging bird puzzle and I'm considering "veining" around the edges of the outside feathered area...am I crazy...will it mess with the way it fits together? I'm afraid I'll screw it up...do you have some words of wisdom? Thanks, Pam:dontknow:

cskipper

Cathy
Can you post a picture of it as is. I think it would be okay, but really would prefer to see if before i say that for sure.

PamH

New User
Pam
Cathy,
I'm embarrassed to say I don't yet know how to post a photo...its a pretty big puzzle...modeled after the hanging macaw John Nelson does in Big Book of Scroll Saw Woodworking...I figure if I keep it simple and only cut outer edges it will be ok...:)

cskipper

Cathy
Cathy,
I'm embarrassed to say I don't yet know how to post a photo...its a pretty big puzzle...modeled after the hanging macaw John Nelson does in Big Book of Scroll Saw Woodworking...I figure if I keep it simple and only cut outer edges it will be ok...:)

First of all - don't be embarrassed. Here's a link to a tutorial on how to do this:
http://ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25508

Veining shouldn't cause problems with the puzzle providing that you do not vein inside or very close to the "locks". Does that help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS