Whirligigs

uncledavid

New User
David
Trying to locate anyone who makes whirligigs. for ideas, tips, or even to buy.
a few years back there was a gentlemen at the State Fair that use to make them.
thanks for suggestions.

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
I have one I can send you plans for if you send me an email address or i can cut you one out and you can assemble and paint

Last edited:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I made a few many years ago.
Tried to stir up some interest here but not enough to start a class.

We could discuss if you are interested.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I don’t know, let me get it up and spinning. It’s been on the back burner for a few months! I get sidetracked.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I think Berta is working on some workshop ideas and I am open to doing something at my home shop for a very small group or one at a time.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
I have a few books. I am looking into giving a talk on the subject. It is too many steps for a workshop I think. Maybe, give me a minute.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a few books. I am looking into giving a talk on the subject. It is too many steps for a workshop I think. Maybe, give me a minute.
You can send out instructions a head of time and have people prebuild part before the workshop.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
There are different types of propellers, wings go on the birds of course. There are more than one way that can be accomplished. Different jigs, different materials.

Propeller or fan type are used on mechanical ones. There are a few ways those can be accomplished as well. Different jigs. Different materials.

Figuring out the wire bends for the mechanical ones is interesting. (I ask my husband to do it)

There are also different types of bases needed.
Painting takes a while.

I do make a stand for them to be put on indoors during winter and bad weather.

Class will require homework for preparation.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
My eagle is finished. It’s not perfect, they never are. It was fun. I think I will make another whirligig.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS