Where to rent or borrow a car trailer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
I bought a car and need to pick it up in an enclosed car trailer. Have been looking online and have not found anywhere that rents them in the Durham-Raleigh area. I need it for 3 days max. If you know where I might be able to rent or borrow one, I would appreciate the assistance!
Thanks,
Gonzalo

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Gonzalo, have you tried going online in a chat session with Penske Rentals? I remember a friend of mine in Texas rented a car transport truck from them to move his car to Nevada.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Call SouthAg / Rampant Trailers in Wendell, I've rented enclosed trailer from them before I bought mine. Not sure if they have an enclosed car trailer or not.

919-365-5111

If you're not familiar with Wendell (not everyone in the Triangle knows where it is) it's just north of where 540 dead ends into 264 so not that bad a trip from Cary.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Why an enclosed trailer, instead of a tow dolly? Have you priced getting a car mover to haul your vehicle? It does have to run so they can load it. Recently I priced moving a Jeep from Michigan to Baton Rouge. First place I called quoted $800

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
Why an enclosed trailer, instead of a tow dolly? Have you priced getting a car mover to haul your vehicle? It does have to run so they can load it. Recently I priced moving a Jeep from Michigan to Baton Rouge. First place I called quoted $800

Car has no side windows and I don't want to get caught in a storm. I am pricing out a car mover this morning, thanks.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Look up Golden Gait Trailers for a location near you. They have reasonable rates and quite a variety of trailers to rent. I have rented from them several times. I don't know if they have an enclosed trailer for rent , but it's worth asking.

Charley

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
Look up Golden Gait Trailers for a location near you. They have reasonable rates and quite a variety of trailers to rent. I have rented from them several times. I don't know if they have an enclosed trailer for rent , but it's worth asking.

Charley

Thanks for the tip. I called and they no longer rent trailers.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a 16' car trailer, but it is open sided - a flat bed. If we can work out the logistics of getting it to Cary when we do one of our move trips from Floyd, VA, then you're welcome to use it. Not exactly what you're looking for but it might work. We bought it from East Coast Sales on Tryon Rd in Raleigh, near Garner. They have a lot of trailers for sale, not sure if they rent any of them. Won't hurt to call and check.

The brand they carry is 'Big Tex' which are made in Texas - mostly.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
If you can't find an enclosed trailer, could use use a car cover with an open trailer?

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
Hi Donn, my concern with a car cover is that after 9 hours on the road, it will scratch the paint regardless of how nice the cover is.

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
Thanks everyone for their help and suggestions. I finally found a place to rent an enclosed trailer (thanks Daniel!), but after comparing costs of renting, additional fuel, etc. I realized that for a couple of hundred dollars more, I could just hire a carrier company to bring it back in an enclosed trailer, which is what I will be doing. The only downside is waiting the 2-4 weeks for delivery!
Gonzalo

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Call SouthAg / Rampant Trailers in Wendell, I've rented enclosed trailer from them before I bought mine. Not sure if they have an enclosed car trailer or not.

919-365-5111

If you're not familiar with Wendell (not everyone in the Triangle knows where it is) it's just north of where 540 dead ends into 264 so not that bad a trip from Cary.

Everyone knows where Wendell is: go to Lizard Lick and turn right. :gar-La; It is a suburb of Zebulon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS