Where to get Fuhr finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I'd like to know also!!!

I have a WW friend who has a small cabinet business in N. VA. He uses Fuhr 375 waterborne precat lacquer and swears by it. He says it sprays easily (HVLP), wets out well, dries VERY quickly, yet subsequent coats still have a little burn-in with previous coats, if shot within four hours.

A check of the Fuhr web site shows the two closest dealers to NC are Industrial Finishes in Rockville, Md (where my friend gets his- free local delivery) and INSCO in Mansfield, Ga. I don't know what the shipping would from there. Jeff Jewitt's, Homestead Finishing now carries Fuhr, but my friend says he is more expensive than his local guy ($37.65 for a gal of Fuhr 380).

On my shop cabinets I used Target Coatings' conversion varnish which was OK. In addition to Target, some guys also like the General Finishes/Compliant Spray Systems (recent merger) Enduro products, but I sure would like to try some of the Fuhr 375. The Target stuff I used is probably similar to the Fuhr 380. It was probably my technique, but I don't think the Target flowed out as well as I would have liked. It is a tough finish though, probably also like the Fuhr. I shot the Target right over stain, but would also like to try the Fuhr 365 waterborne sanding sealer and also some of the vinyl sealers on the market.

Though, for some unknown reason (new math? :lol:), it was not rated as the top WB finish, when you actually look at all the category ratings, one by one (except brushing), Fuhr 355 in reality came out better than "the best overall" General Finishes High Performance in a recent (Nov/Dec '06) FWW review of (selected?) WB finishes!!!

Bottom line, finally there are a lot of great WB finishes out there- don't have to use the Minwax Polycrylic crap any more! :-D:-D:-D:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS