Where to find reclaimed barnwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedOldWood

New User
Jim
We have been taking barns down for our wood while we look for a reclaimed lumber supplier. We buy 2000-600-bd ft at a time so we are looking for a good price probably a wholesaler. I have been told there was a "club" for wood buyers who buy big lots like this but have yet to find it. Any help finding reclaimed wood would be great.

W Burton

New User
Bill
There is a guy I have purchased from a couple of times who is located between Galax and Independence, VA. He seems to have a constant stream of inventory coming in and going out. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you the contact info I have.

I have just about finished a steamer trunk from some reclaimed wormy chestnut I got from him. When I was last up there, he had mostly 2x stock, so most of this wood was resawn.

trunk tray01.jpg trunk02.jpg

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
I'm confused.....are you buying or are you selling? I thought you were in the business of selling reclaimed wood?

sawman101

New User
Bruce Swanson
There is a guy I have purchased from a couple of times who is located between Galax and Independence, VA. He seems to have a constant stream of inventory coming in and going out. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you the contact info I have.

I have just about finished a steamer trunk from some reclaimed wormy chestnut I got from him. When I was last up there, he had mostly 2x stock, so most of this wood was resawn.

View attachment 17066 View attachment 17067

Beautiful steamer trunk Bill! ~

sawman101

New User
Bruce Swanson
Jim, a few old mill buildings have been, or are in the process of being torn down. I've noticed the demolition companies stack all the beams, etc. and truck them away to be used in some other manner. Currently, I am unaware of any being torn down today, but if you talked to the demo crews, you might come up with something BIG. I do know the old Southern Depot in Lincolnton is to come down shortly. Good luck!

WickedOldWood

New User
Jim
I'm confused.....are you buying or are you selling? I thought you were in the business of selling reclaimed wood?

We have been taking down barns to get wood, since it seems so difficult to find at a decent price and the amount we get. I have been selling our extra at a "lower then most" price to help other wood workers out. We build furniture, barn doors etc. If I can find a reliable source, this is what I prefer. Taking down these barns is not easy that is for sure and I would prefer to be building furniture rather then doing that.

Brantnative

Jeff
Corporate Member
Craigslist also seems to have a constant stream of reclaimed barn wood for sale. I saw two listings when I scanned the Materials For Sale section on Tuesday on the Charlotte list.

kbcrafter

New User
Kevin
There is a reclaimed dealer in Bethel, NC Appalachian Antique Hardwoods. They are a good company I'm not sure what their wholesale prices would be but here is their website address www.aahardwoods.com.

dustin510

New User
Dustin
Try http://www.revientllc.com/. They are a reclaimed lumber company near Boone.

Awesome source! My sister helped start that company, very nice people there, Jim Shepard is the head hauncho there and an incredibly nice person. They have a very impressive warehouse full of all species, hard and soft woods as well as walnut and cherry live edge slabs. A lot of the wood has an interesting historical story behind it. Tell them you're from NCWW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS