Where can I get wood planed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobbsj

New User
Joseph
I don't have a planer and I want to build an arched screen door out of vertical grain fir. I need to have this planed down. Does anyone know who could do this (for a fee of course) in Charlotte - Ft Mill area?

Thanks

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Jopseph,

We have a lot of members down that way so there's a good chance you'll find someone here who can help you out.

As this is your first post let me be the first to welcome you to NCWW! We're very glad you found us here. Please be sure to introduce yourself in the "Who We Are" forum so you can get a proper welcome!

Travis

decibel

New User
Patrick
I see you're out of lurker mode and have made your first post! Welcome.

Like Travis said there are members in that area that could probably assist.

mxracer

New User
Dan
I know you are a bit far from Lincolnton, NC, but if you don't find any place closer you are more than welcome to come up to Lincolnton and use my planner.

Welcome to the forum too. :wsmile:

gritz

New User
Robert
What you must understand is that each project is first and foremost an excuse to buy tools.
If you don't get an offer from a member, check Craig's list. There's usually a good enough planer for this task on there for pennies on the dollar.

decibel

New User
Patrick
you could also use the planer here if need by I'm in north east charlotte not that far from concord.

Colin Helms

Colin
User
Joseph,
I'm in S. Charlotte off Rea Road & I-485, I can do it for you. I've got an install this afternoon for about 2 hours and another install on Thursday & Friday.

Colin Helms

dobbsj

New User
Joseph
Thanks to everyone for their help. One member planed the boards for me yesterday. Thanks very much for that. Hope I can reciprocate.

Now I am trying to show my wife my I should get a thickness planer (and band saw and router table and etc).

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Happy to enable. Just let us know what [STRIKE]your[/STRIKE] her budget is and we can help.:gar-La;

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Thanks to everyone for their help. One member planed the boards for me yesterday. Thanks very much for that. Hope I can reciprocate.

Now I am trying to show my wife my I should get a thickness planer (and band saw and router table and etc).

That's easy enough - just take her by the hardwood section of your local BORG and say lookey there hun 6.00 a board foot for flat sawn red oak. Or you could do like I did and have a buddy drop off a big log in the front yard, next thing you know the wifey tells me I need a saw mill :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS