What is your opinion of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I thought I sent a PM to all you BoD members about this but checked my "Sent" PM box and don't see it there so I thought I would post it here. I got the following PM today but wanted to share it with all of you before replying. The poster just joined the site this month and have made fourteen posts and started two threads. Is he looking to this site only as a possible market for his excess inventory or is he going to be a contributing member? By contributing I mean an active participant and not contributing in the financial sense. Obviouly, it's too soon to know. I have a problem with his offer if he only sees us as a potential market. Does anyone have an opinion they would like to share as to how to reply to him?

21productionz

Name: David
City: Raleigh
State: NC
County: Wake
Threads: 2
Avg Visit Freq/Week
= 7.00 over 3 days

donations
I talked to Froglips earlier, and he said I should relay this to you. I am a cabinet maker that likes to sell materials I get a really good deal on. I am interested in donating $.50 for every item I sell to members of this webisite over $5. I could donate $.10 on everything under $5, I would love to do more, but I'm not marking them up much.

21productionzView Public ProfileSend a private message to 21productionzQuote this post in a PM to 21productionzFind More Posts by 21productionzAdd 21productionz to Your Contacts

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Good question. Probably the best thing to do is to speak live to him and find out what his intentions are, and we can go from there.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I agree with you Scott, Sounds like his intentions are good. It could be a little revenue for the site but we have to be careful not to allow one to do this type of marketing and not allow others the same opportunity.

M

McRabbet

Sounds a bit fishy to me, but we need more information. A donation of $.50 for an item is not much (compared, for example, to how much Tom Hintz donates). Thus far, he has sold some plywood to some members, but it is not clear what his motives are. Let's chat about this more. I believe it was Splint Eastwood that referred him to the site.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
We discussed this at the recent BoD meeting and it was decided that Doug would personally contact David. I PMed David after the meeting and told him that he would be contacted. I was just wondering if this has been done and what was the outcome.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
My Bad. I will contact him this week. Can you PM me his telephone number and address on Glenwood?

Thanks,

Doug

Doug, I don't have that info and don't know his last name. Maybe someone who has access to the registration file can provide it. His screen name is

21productionz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS