What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Is that going to be an option for a way to view new postings? Personally, I like the regular NewPosts page set-up. There is too much going on on the ISpy page for me. I can see it as a benefit for someone who might want to "skim" the new posts and choose what they want to read in detail. I tend to read through every new post fully...I could be the wierd one here :dontknow:
Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I'm with Dave in that I tend to read each new post fully (except for DaveO's - great time saver, there:lol:)

I think that is really neat, a little freaky at first, but neat!

quid_non

Wayne
Senior User
Steve -
It's interesting, fast scan to allow you to see some of the thread is useful. I'm kinda partial to also being able to see the message stats - i.e. number of times read and replies. Does it load any faster than the conventional?
Thhanks
Wayne

J

jeff...

Now I can see all the new posts, I couldn't keep up with, you have take away my excuse:slap:

cskipper

Cathy
Does it show only posts not read (replacing the "New Posts") or indicate by some method posts you have read that have no new updates?

I also like to know who and when a thread was started. It's easy to forget if you've read one that has been reactivated right before it would be deleted. It helps me prioritize what I am going to look at when I am in a time bind (like now). Just my $.02 worth

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Is that going to be an option for a way to view new postings? Personally, I like the regular NewPosts page set-up. There is too much going on on the ISpy page for me. I can see it as a benefit for someone who might want to "skim" the new posts and choose what they want to read in detail. I tend to read through every new post fully...I could be the wierd one here :dontknow:
Dave:)

I agree with you Dave; there is too much going on on the ISpy page for me also. I like to read each and am not in a hurry to do it. For those who browse through them this would be great for them. Terry
:XXcompute

thrt15nc

Tom
User
I sort of like the first page look but it's new so it'd take a second to get use to. It seems to always take me to the very last post when I click on a link. Also, it seems to always open a new window with the post, unless I've been to the post, close the window and then go back to it. Then it just takes me to the post on the same window. Mayeb I've just got some settings different. I like the concept though.

Tom

gator

George
Corporate Member
I guess that I just don't understand what is being accomplished here. Whenever I log on, I go to the 'Home' page and that shows the threads with the newest posts. There there is a dot to click to go to the last unread posts (if you have previously viewed the thread). I don't use it, but isn't there also a 'New Posts' option on the menu? As I said, maybe I'm too dense to understand what this new 'I Spy' gives me over and above what is already available.

George

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I guess I should make a comment or two of explanation. I was looking for a mod to do something else when I came across this. Out of curosity, I installed it. I had the feeling that some of our members might like it as it tends to match my perception of how those members would like to monitor the site.

If I even let it stay up, it isn't intended to replace anything, it would just be another way to view the site sometimes.

Now for any that are confused as to what it is doing, I'll try to explain. It is nothing more than a real time display of new posts. As someone makes a new post it goes to the top of your screen. And then as more new posts are made it automatically scrolls down until it finally disappears.

Each entry, refers to only ONE post. If you click on the link, it will take you to that post, even if there are later ones in the thread. If you switch away and come back to the screen or refresh the screen, it just rebuild the screen displaying the last X posts.

Now why would you use it, when there are so many other ways to keep up? I don't know:eek: that's why vBulletin has so many different ways to see the system and that's why there are so many mods available for ways. To each his own.

That said, I can tell you one way I MIGHT use it. On those days, when I am at the computer most of the day. I like to monitor what's happening on the site. Normally, that means that I switch away from what I was doing, go to the site and hit the New Posts link and see what's happening.

With the iSpy page, I could simply keep a small window open and every once in a while just take a glance and see if there is a post that I want to deal with immediately.

Anyway, in the spirit of experimentation, I put up the page, to see if there was any interest in it becoming a permanent addition to the site.:icon_thum

DavidF

New User
David
yup, it fades

It doesn't do much for me. Personally I would still like a "favorites" store. With each thread having an "add to favorites" button. I know we can list subscribed threads, but a lot of the time I am interested in the postings, but have yet to make one and therefore it doesn't appear in the subscribed list. I get my "quick scan" fix by reading the e-mail text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS