What can you tell me about this plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
This was my dads hand plane, of course I know little about them and was hoping someone could shed some light.

I thought it was an old Stanley but stamped on the side is MillersFallsNo900. I dont know how old it is, but I do remember playing around with it when I was young (I'm 46) and got fussed at a couple of times for not being carefull enough but I liked seeing the wood seam to peel off paper thin chips . Its a little rough at the edges, the iron needs sharpening but very little rust

hand_plane_1_edit.jpg

hand_plane_3_edit.jpg

nelsone

New User
Ed
Can't tell you a whole lot about it, but Millers Falls pretty much copied the Bailey style planes. That looks to be the equivalent of a Stanley #3 smoothing plane. Clean it up and use it. It should be a quite handy little plane! Glad you were able to keep it in the family! That and the memories will make it a special plane!:icon_thum

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
strip the paint on the handles, and add some BLO, keep the body natural or re-furb it. Monty has great information on his site if you need to know how to re-furb it. Awesome to have family tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS